Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

******* idiots. It's not 1999 ODI, its 1999 World Cup shirt
World Cup uniforms are usually used for the season after the World Cup as well. Was this the case in ‘99? I was literally months old so can’t recall.

We’re using our bang average World Cup strip as our ODI uniform outside of this series v NZ.

World Cup uniforms are usually used for the season after the World Cup as well. Was this the case in ‘99? I was literally months old so can’t recall.

We’re using our bang average World Cup strip as our ODI uniform outside of this series v NZ.
Quite the opposite. I don't recall Australia ever using a WC kit during the Australian summer unless it coincided with the Australian summer.

Quite the opposite. I don't recall Australia ever using a WC kit during the Australian summer unless it coincided with the Australian summer.
I reckon the closest it got was the strip that looked like a crunchie bar but the World Cup had Australia across the chest where as the odi kit had travelex as it was an away kit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually what about the World Cup that had the zebra like competition logo, didn’t we wear one similar to that too?

The GOAT.

We wore a variant of it with a different collar style through the summer. We also wore our 2007 one minus the central green bands in away games through that summer.

Australia were sponsored by ISC in 99 so the ASICS kit was only worn at that tournament. The world cup kits from 92 to 99 were provided by the home nation. The following world cup (2003) the teams were able to use kits from their own sponsors, which in Australia's case was Fila. Whether or not a kit is used after tends to vary. Australia's kit at the the 03 world cup was used prior and post the world cup, while kits from subsequent world cups have been unique for the tournament.

The GOAT.

We wore a variant of it with a different collar style through the summer. We also wore our 2007 one minus the central green bands in away games through that summer.
The kit was in place for some time from 2001 onwards, the first version had a polo shirt type collar which was then replaced with the button up, shirt type collar, i think in 2002. The collar that was at the world cup was in place from up unti Fila was replaced by Adidas,

I wish the bbl kits used different templates, doesnt have to be 8 templates but some variety would be nice ( as well as the addition of design elements specific to the side)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back