Heat- Mackay Region on shoulder
Sixers- Humm
Renegades- Liberty (Mens major too)
Hurricanes- Tassal, Blundstone on shoulder
Scorchers- reiwa.com

so the stars are now the only team without a sponsor

also, with West End shutting, the Redbacks need a new sponsor

Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-15/west-end-brewery-closure-what-does-it-mean/12767956

But apart from the famous "red tins" being made interstate, what does the closure mean for jobs, local sports sponsorships, community events and the facility itself?

West End sponsors various sports teams and leagues in South Australia, with a focus on the SANFL and cricket.

Regional sales director Jason Baily said Lion was "absolutely committed to continue our sponsorships across all leagues and competitions and all clubs".

"West End has been part of South Australia for 160 years," he said.

"We sponsor many leagues and competitions and hundreds of local sporting clubs, as well as being the custodian of some iconic community events."

The brewery's chimney has been painted in the colours of the SANFL premier since 1954, with the runner-up getting their colours painted smaller below.

Both the Premier and Lion group supply chain director Ian Roberts said they would like the tradition to continue.

"We would like to see the traditions of South Australia certainly continue, and the chimney ceremony will certainly be on a key discussion topic for us," Mr Roberts said.

"We need to work our way though how that might happen.

"In time, we will be able to outline all of the traditions that we've committed to — they will all continue or be renewed in some fashion."

A bit of sponsor updates amongst the WBBL
Sixers- Humm
Scorchers- reiwa.com

Will lion continue as a sponsor but through another brand? I guess it would depend on when the current contract ends, probably wouldn't be a very expensive sponsorship (if anyone knows, I'm curious)

fnaYTBN.jpg

It would be great to see Australia wearing a shirt that looked like the one that Dean Jones wore for the majority of his One Day career in Australia. They have worn a past design for the past two years, it would be good to see one worn for a reason, to remember Deano.

fnaYTBN.jpg

It would be great to see Australia wearing a shirt that looked like the one that Dean Jones wore for the majority of his One Day career in Australia. They have worn a past design for the past two years, it would be good to see one worn for a reason, to remember Deano.
what a fantastic jumper.

West End will stay on, they are still making the beer. Wonder what their marketing will be though since it has always been based around being local.

They dropped local football in SA 2 years ago, had been sponsoring for nearly 2 decades. I'd say it's only a matter of time before all other local sponsorships are dropped as well.

OTR are probably box seat to pick up some stuff

They dropped local football in SA 2 years ago, had been sponsoring for nearly 2 decades. I'd say it's only a matter of time before all other local sponsorships are dropped as well.

OTR are probably box seat to pick up some stuff
They are still making the beer, just not in sa. Lion said they were going. Will see how it goes, but wouldn't be surprised if lion drops out and/or a local (likely craft brewer) will take its place in a lot of the traditional sponsorship spots (sanfl, saca etc). For lion it would help if the younger generation would drink their beer (but personally, I avoid lion and Carlton if possible).

They are still making the beer, just not in sa. Lion said they were going. Will see how it goes, but wouldn't be surprised if lion drops out and/or a local (likely craft brewer) will take its place in a lot of the traditional sponsorship spots (sanfl, saca etc). For lion it would help if the younger generation would drink their beer (but personally, I avoid lion and Carlton if possible).
Cooper's and Pirate Life would be nice sponsors.

fnaYTBN.jpg

I'm always partial to retro cricket tops, but the ones from this era always had a baseball vibe IMO.

The one's seen from '92-'94 with the lightning bolts were mint.

Yeah understand that it's still being made, just not in SA, which is all well and good....but when your key selling and marketing point is brewed in SA, it does kind of lose it's appeal of partnering with grassroots sports. I think you'll find that unless coopers picks it up (doubtful), it won't be another alcohol company taking these major grassroots sponsorships.

West End was a major guernsey sponsor of community football for nearly 2 decades and was just replaced with Vodafone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah understand that it's still being made, just not in SA, which is all well and good....but when your key selling and marketing point is brewed in SA, it does kind of lose it's appeal of partnering with grassroots sports. I think you'll find that unless coopers picks it up (doubtful), it won't be another alcohol company taking these major grassroots sponsorships.

West End was a major guernsey sponsor of community football for nearly 2 decades and was just replaced with Vodafone
100% understand and 90% agree. Can see coopers, pirate life or someone similar taking spots whether it be at a club level or as a lower sponsor for the league. But yeah west end will have trouble keeping its base, not just beacue there popularity is dwindaling (will stay for a bit but probably won't last long). They have already taken aback there major sponsorship with saca at a state level (years ago now).

Last edited:
A bit of sponsor updates amongst the WBBL
Sixers- Humm
Scorchers- reiwa.com

Belling wbbl major partner for 20/21. No word on men's, looks like it will take up all major spots on the kit.

Belling wbbl major partner for 20/21. No word on men's, looks like it will take up all major spots on the kit.

Why can I see Facebook dropkicks making a tonne of sexist jokes about this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back