hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
It's cream. And it looks like cricket kit.
None of these others are cream, they're all Green, Gold, Black etc
Will these be going on your site? Australian international and domestic kits? :)

(also for those new-fangled one-day and twenty20 types of cricket that don't use cream kits :p)

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Will these be going on your site? Australian international and domestic kits? :)

(also for those new-fangled one-day and twenty20 types of cricket that don't use cream kits :p)
No.
Never.
I know I put racing silks on there, however cricket is a whole other obsession.
I get one email per month about cricket shirts, and I won't be starting something I have no interest in finishing.

No.
Never.
I know I put racing silks on there, however cricket is a whole other obsession.
I get one email per month about cricket shirts, and I won't be starting something I have no interest in finishing.
The ODI/T20 formats for Australia only would be doable for any volunteer with enough motivation, assuming you would be willing to host it.

The Big Bash would also be fairly simple.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
New Zealand White Ferns (women's team) new T20 shirt

55422-white-ferns-2016-ladies-replica-t20-shirt-1500.jpg

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Assorted Perennial Failures
I like the beige, just don't like it on that kit.
I'll take it anyway I can.
It beats the blue back on our current shirt. It looks like ANZ has had too much of a say in the design of it. I'd even prefer the teal back.

65670.jpg

I'll take it anyway I can.
It beats the blue back on our current shirt. It looks like ANZ has had too much of a say in the design of it. I'd even prefer the teal back.

65670.jpg
Ah, the famous CZ Harris. Zinzan being his middle name.

The Bradman of early domestic T20 competitions, boasting a higher batting average than any other player. By a reasonably large margin.

v7LcFYY.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Assorted Perennial Failures

The Bradman of early domestic T20 competitions, boasting a higher batting average than any other player. By a reasonably large margin.

v7LcFYY.jpg
Was our version of Faulkner for a long period of time. Handy with the ball with multiple change of pace deliveries and got the job done more often than not late in the innings with the bat.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins

v7LcFYY.jpg
When I think of New Zealand in teal, I immediately think Chris Harris.

Interesting to see a one PJ Hughes on that list.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Interesting to note, NZ's ODI kit has one more sponsor on it than Australia's
hqdefault.jpg
233471.3.jpg

NZ: Chest - ANZ | Right Breast - Ford | Front Arm - Ford | Back Arm - Canterubry (manufacturer)
AUS: Chest - Qantas | Right Breast - Asics (manufacturer) | Front Arm - Qantas | Back Arm - Blank

I think Pakistan have the extra sponsor too.
Last I knew, if you had a sponsor across your chest your manufacturer logo went on the breast and the back arm was blank.

dylancox08

Senior List
May 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How come our PI ODI Shirts have the asics logo on the left sleeve but the Real Shirts only have VB on the right sleeve and nothing on the left sleeve:confused:

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
How come our PI ODI Shirts have the asics logo on the left sleeve but the Real Shirts only have VB on the right sleeve and nothing on the left sleeve:confused:

I am unsure why the ones the players wear now do not have the asics logo on the sleeve as they used to, but I know that the sponsors logo always features on the facing side of the players shirt, so a right handed batsman will have it on their left sleeve and the opposite for a left handed batsman. So this years retails are basically designed after a left handed players shirt. Maybe it is easier to affix the sponsors logo on the correct sleeve without the asics logo being on either.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I am unsure why the ones the players wear now do not have the asics logo on the sleeve as they used to, but I know that the sponsors logo always features on the facing side of the players shirt, so a right handed batsman will have it on their left sleeve and the opposite for a left handed batsman. So this years retails are basically designed after a left handed players shirt. Maybe it is easier to affix the sponsors logo on the correct sleeve without the asics logo being on either.
The manufacturer's logo goes on the breast when the sponsor logo on the front is a big one across the chest, as it gets more visibility there.
hqdefault.jpg

When they used to have a small logo on the front (like the Test shirt) the logo was on the back sleeve (in this case from 2004, it was Fila):
51836747-brad-hogg-of-australia-fields-during-game-two-gettyimages.jpg

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
If they are, then they're doing all umpire kits from here on.
They wouldn't have the contract for just one competition.
How? What? Why?....
Let's just hope the red looks like red, and not pink.

What have they done wrong with the Matador cup and Shield?

Back