Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What annoys me is that the Striker wear blue shirts, blue pants and black pads.

Surely they can muster up some blue pads.
I think they're dark-navy. I've always liked them.
I like how even though all the kits are pretty much the same, they all have a couple of little things different. Strikers' black/dark-navy pads is one.

I'd really like one of the Scorchers/Thunder/Sixers to wear coloured pads to go with their black pants.

I'd really love to see what the state teams could have pulled off if they tried to market their T20 teams like the franchises have (alternate reality where the states stayed haha).
Redbacks would have been fine design-wise IMO, probably take the form of the Renegades.

Nah, its actually the 150th anniversary of a Aboriginal vs Melbourne Cricket Club match at the MCG in 1866.
Was it played on Boxing Day, though? I thought I'd read something about an aboriginal Xi against another rep team playing in the first Boxing Day match at the G'? Or does Boxing Day have nothing to do with it?

Was it played on Boxing Day, though? I thought I'd read something about an aboriginal Xi against another rep team playing in the first Boxing Day match at the G'? Or does Boxing Day have nothing to do with it?
Im pretty sure it was just the 150th anniversary. They had a day to commemorate it earlier this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best thing the BBL did was rebrand away from the states. At the time everyone thought wtf but now it's genius.
I really like the way they've evolved each team each season.
Most teams went from being as fluro as possible to taking a colour that is still bright and stands out, but actually looks good in the setting. Especially the Stars from Green and white.

Majestic is probably the best thing that could have happened to the comps branding.

BBL has gone absolutely great. The best thing they did was moving from Fox Sports to Channel 10. That improved crowds, TV ratings and merch sales. And then getting Majestic on board was the next best thing as the branding has been so much better. The shirts from the first season look much weaker compared to now (particularly the Stars).

BBL has gone absolutely great. The best thing they did was moving from Fox Sports to Channel 10. That improved crowds, TV ratings and merch sales. And then getting Majestic on board was the next best thing as the branding has been so much better. The shirts from the first season look much weaker compared to now (particularly the Stars).

Free-to-air is such a great boon for exposure, I really wish rugby union could do something more about free-to-air coverage.

Free-to-air is such a great boon for exposure, I really wish rugby union could do something more about free-to-air coverage.
I must say, I'd really love to get into rugby. Ideally there would be one or two live games on Channel 10, because one match replay a week is never going to cut it.

I must say, I'd really love to get into rugby. Ideally there would be one or two live games on Channel 10, because one match replay a week is never going to cut it.

Yeah, at least a weekly round-up show with all the tries and talking-points would be worth it, like they used to have in the glorious 90s

Yeah, at least a weekly round-up show with all the tries and talking-points would be worth it, like they used to have in the glorious 90s
What's the fixtring like? (Eg. Conference rounds). Because there would probably more interest in games where both sides are Australian.

Is anyone watching tonights game?

Whenever they show the scoreboard at Spotless they've got the Thunder's championship logos on the left of the screen, BBL01 and BBL05

Except they didn't win BBL01. The Sixers did. So why would they have it there?

What's the fixtring like? (Eg. Conference rounds). Because there would probably more interest in games where both sides are Australian.

I think the problem is that the Australian derbies are becoming a bit redundant, plus the other teams in the competition are a bit lacking in identity, they tend to feel generic, especially as there are no place-names attached to the sides. Also, Australia and South Africa have too many players playing for overseas clubs, so that doesn't help the redundancy, neither does the fact that the South Africans all play each other again in their domestic Currie Cup.

It's a bit of a schemozzle at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back