Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Too bad I couldn't even see them wear it because Channel 7 is utter s**t.

The EA of free-to-air television.
Was it 7 who only bought the rights to Tests and some BBL or was it Fox who only on-sold that much? Or CA who only allowed them to buy that much?
The hate all seems to be for 7 but there are 3 parties involved in it getting to the point it got to.

Was it 7 who only bought the rights to Tests and some BBL or was it Fox who only on-sold that much? Or CA who only allowed them to buy that much?
The hate all seems to be for 7 but there are 3 parties involved in it getting to the point it got to.
My understanding is that Seven had the rights for the Tests, ODIs and T20s but had a deal with Fox Sports not to utilise them. The Anti-Siphoning Law is that FTA needs to have the rights but don't need to utilse them, if that all makes sense?

Oh don't worry, there's a lot more people and groups to blame than just 7. They're just the poster boy of this whole thing.

My understanding is that Seven had the rights for the Tests, ODIs and T20s but had a deal with Fox Sports not to utilise them. The Anti-Siphoning Law is that FTA needs to have the rights but don't need to utilse them, if that all makes sense?
Fair enough. It's still on CA to force them to utilize or not.
Really though we still get Tests and a lot of Big Bash. Seems equal with 3/4 out of 9 AFL games a weekend.

Yeah I heard that too.
It's not been an ideal process and the result, well I guess I'm not qualified to really opine, given I have Foxtel.

Eventually those without Foxtel will kick up a huge stink with CA and the deal will end up being re-negotiated. There's absolutely no way CA can 'grow the game' when there's hardly any matches on TV. Also, from a commercial standpoint negative effects with advertising, sponsorship and attendances will begin to show. No-ones going to advertise at the ground when there's small attendances because there's no promotion of FTA and no-one watching at home, and no-ones going to sponsor an obsolete series on Fox

To quote all the blokes who have pics of their car as their profile pic on social media (I know, a pic of a football coach is way more sophisticated :drunk:) "YoU gEt WhAt YoU pAy FoR!" or "NoT mUcH iN lIfE iS fReE m8"

As long as the fans are willing to pay fox and fox is willing to pay CA, nothing will change.

i feel the grade cricketer summed it up pretty well recently. you turn the tv on, and it's just on (when it's actually on FTA and not foxtel). you don't know who's playing tonight, or who's playing tomorrow night, how the ladder is positioned or when the season finishes.

i definitely feel a bit that way, which is certainly not a bad thing at times, but the fluidity of the whole comp does make it a bit hard to keep up sometimes. dunno if that's just me though, others may be a bit more into it than me, i'm more interested in the internationals i guess.

i feel the grade cricketer summed it up pretty well recently. you turn the tv on, and it's just on (when it's actually on FTA and not foxtel). you don't know who's playing tonight, or who's playing tomorrow night, how the ladder is positioned or when the season finishes.

i definitely feel a bit that way, which is certainly not a bad thing at times, but the fluidity of the whole comp does make it a bit hard to keep up sometimes. dunno if that's just me though, others may be a bit more into it than me, i'm more interested in the internationals i guess.
I've certainly felt that this year, although I'm not really interested in the international games after the whole sandpaper scandal. I really just miss the days of racing home from school to catch the last session or staying up to watch the first session of an ashes test before I had to go to bed that I had as a kid. That magic is kind of lost when you realise that cricket teams are full of absolute tossers (besides Rashid Khan, I love that to watch that guy play).

2004 and 2007 were my personal favourites.

Really got into cricket around 2003-2004 and played so much EA Cricket 2004/Ricky Ponting 2005 which was the kit they used at the time so very nostalgic, plus this included the glory days of Dizzy’s curly mullet.

In terms of the best design, I’d say the 2007 World Cup kit is the best, and I still happily have my one that El_Scorcho sourced for me hung up in my office. Everything about it was classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back in regards to BBL clash/alternate jerseys, I'd definitely get around the Renegades wearing something like this:

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 10.28.46 pm.png
('scuse the lazy effort in finding a public domain camo/'Gades logo and darkening and screenshotting it on Word)

I think camo really suits the Renegades, would look great partnered with black trim, sleeves and pants, along with the away cap.

Yes they do.

What annoys me with BBL Championship sides is that fans can only buy a hat or a shirt. That's it- nothing else!

what the f**k else would you want to buy? it's the BBL, not an AFL premiership.

This might be relevant.
$12 at Savers Brunswick, didn’t have any CA jerseys so I figured “why not” and even though it was a medium I just hoped it would fit me (hovering between L and XL and sure enough, it fit!
4D2DCD30-4BAD-4AE2-B429-10EA16DB6F2C.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back