Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cups 92 and 99 to face off in one semi, with blue stripe (how?) versus lightning bolts in the other semi.

WC99 versus bolts is the ideal final matchup. I would be happy with either result, leaning towards lightning bolts, just.

World Cups 92 and 99 to face off in one semi, with blue stripe (how?) versus lightning bolts in the other semi.

WC99 versus bolts is the ideal final matchup. I would be happy with either result, leaning towards lightning bolts, just.
Have heard Herschelle Gibbs and Alan Donald are both voting for the bolts and it isn’t because of Donald’s nickname

WC'99 v Lightning Bolts in final - https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pic...htning-bolts-1992-94-australia-odi/2019-02-24

24Bracket-final.ashx

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pic...p-australia-new-zealand-odi-series/2019-02-27

The Australian men's one-day team will wear a replica of the 1999 World Cup kit against New Zealand next summer after fans voted overwhelmingly to bring back the iconic shooting stars uniform.

The 1999 World Cup-winning kit was an early favourite as soon as the #PickTheKit campaign was launched, and swept through the competition, including a massive victory in the final with 67 per cent of the more than 80,000 votes going in its favour.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pic...p-australia-new-zealand-odi-series/2019-02-27

The Australian men's one-day team will wear a replica of the 1999 World Cup kit against New Zealand next summer after fans voted overwhelmingly to bring back the iconic shooting stars uniform.

The 1999 World Cup-winning kit was an early favourite as soon as the #PickTheKit campaign was launched, and swept through the competition, including a massive victory in the final with 67 per cent of the more than 80,000 votes going in its favour.

Great decision, I voted for it the whole way through the comp. While the Lightning Bolts had some support, this was clearly the best of the lot and also the most significant (20th Anniversary of winning the '99 World Cup)

Only issue now will be the placement of the Alinta Energy logo. Normally, it would be front and centre in the middle of the chest, but the Southern Cross is already there. It will be interesting to see if Alinta will compromise and allow a small logo where Fly Emirates was on the original or ruin the design by slapping their logo over the Southern Cross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like it was the popular one, but I do wonder about the fact the only ASICS design in the race is the one that gets up.

What was with Inida military style caps I saw on one day highlights from other day ? ******* weird. Is that some weird symbolic message to Pakistan ?
No... it's a day they have to recognise the Indian armed forces. MS Dhoni is part of the military as well.

They said on the broadcast they're hoping it becomes an annual thing similar to pink day.

Anyone know why we aren't wearing this in the current Indian series as it's the 'Away' shirt? Don't get me wrong, definitely prefer the full gold
Screen Shot 2019-03-10 at 5.53.18 pm.png

Anyone know why we aren't wearing this in the current Indian series as it's the 'Away' shirt? Don't get me wrong, definitely prefer the full gold
View attachment 632689
My understanding is that it is more of a 'clash' shirt, the ICC has a new rule about clashes which saw England have to wear their T20 uniform in an ODI vs Scotland as they both clashes

Oh ok no worries. Can't really think of anyone that we would clash with though?
I think it is there just in case another country launches a new yellow kit although when we play SA in T20s over there, we might wear it as there would be a clash with their T20 uniform (as we don't wear our T20 kit in away T20s other than that NZ T20I Series)

Too bad every single Test match is a 'clash' then

What a dumb rule
I think it's more a "we want teams in different colours" rule. Given the point of coloured kits is actually for colourfulness, not team distinction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back