The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Also breaking news, our friends across the ditch have decided to nick our idea of retro kits and are currently voting on a retro kit to wear in the ODI series vs Australia next years?

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Also breaking news, our friends across the ditch have decided to nick our idea of retro kits and are currently voting on a retro kit to wear in the ODI series vs Australia next years?
Is this a question or a statement. :p

The first retro cricket kit I remember was in the first T20I at Eden Park where the Blackcaps and the Aussies both wore them.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
The Teal Fern is my favourite. Would look perfect against our Southern Cross - real late-90's vibes. Grey Hoop has already made the final

voting-system-updated.jpg

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
So long as they're simple fonts (like the AFL and Sheffield Shield numbers) not like the Asics limited-overs kit numbers, I'm happy.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
This is awful. This is the World Cup we are playing in. Not some random ODI tournament that no one cares about. Retro is not the way to go. They obviously got carried away after the series against India, but this is just downright ugly. Please bring back the 2015 wc kit. PLEASE.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
This is awful. This is the World Cup we are playing in. Not some random ODI tournament that no one cares about. Retro is not the way to go. They obviously got carried away after the series against India, but this is just downright ugly. Please bring back the 2015 wc kit. PLEASE.
"Don't do a kit from the past - use one from 2015" :p

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It's alright I guess, I personally wouldn't go for a retro look for T20 given it's only recent conception. Black, gold and green should always be in our T20 kits, sets them apart from our other kits and looks great together.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The best looking retro Aussie ODI kits were from the mid to late 90s. Why do we keep harking back to the boring 70s and 80s kits?

This is fine apart from the mismatched greens. One dark green would have been better.

I hope they revert to the lemon lids. The bottle green helmets aren't gonna match this kermit green.

On the plus side for CA, they can be re-used again this summer when we wear the '99 WC kit against NZ at home this summer

Back