Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I always assumed the Arial Condensed was a requirement for the CWC. No idea why you'd use it otherwise.

That being said I prefer it to the font England use right now. That Black Ops 2 font does not belong on a cricket uniform, it's heinous.
So this is a weird story about Englands fonts.

1558913046370.png
This was the one used for the unveiling (my favourite)

1558913109764.png
Then they come out with this font in the matches

1558913150144.png
However, players are wearing two different fonts for the players number and name.

Weird to say the least.....

Five nations to wear clash kits during the World Cup; Afghanistan, Bangladesh, South Africa, Sri Lanka and India (not yet revealed) who will reportedly wear orange against England and Afghanistan

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/wor...-bangladesh-south-africa-australia/2019-05-28

27RashidKhanAway.ashx

27ShakibAway.ashx

27KagisoRabadaAway.ashx

LasithMalingaAway.ashx

I like this. If both teams are going to wear the same colour we might as well go back to wearing whites.

Call me a hater but I don't see the point of clash kits.

Regardless of whether you are watching on TV or at the ground, if you can't figure out which team is which within 5 seconds (by looking at a scorebug or scoreboard at the ground) you probably aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have for a while thought that more should be done to differentiate the two batsman though, be that different coloured helmets or something similar. FIM speedway for example have the four racers always in different coloured helmets pre race (a small covering over the riders normal helmet.

1559020522868.png

Call me a hater but I don't see the point of clash kits.

Regardless of whether you are watching on TV or at the ground, if you can't figure out which team is which within 5 seconds (by looking at a scorebug or scoreboard at the ground) you probably aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I have for a while thought that more should be done to differentiate the two batsman though, be that different coloured helmets or something similar. FIM speedway for example have the four racers always in different coloured helmets pre race (a small covering over the riders normal helmet.

View attachment 682133
I think that's a bit backwards.

The two batsmen are only ever one batting at a time, and the scorebug tells you who is on strike. Helmets in speedway make sense as they whiz around amongst each other. This is more like footy than cricket.

Both footy teams are playing at once, in amongst each other. And it's not so much knowing which teams are playing (is it Carlton or Port?) but about quickly seeing which of the two teams the player is on.

I mean helmets in that its an easy solution to differentiate the two batters (a simple piece of fabric over the helmet) as opposed to say a different coloured shirt or pants etc.

Anyone who has had to score a game of suburban/bush cricket where they are unfamiliar with the other team knows how much more convenient it is to have batsman distinguishable vs clones (i.e right handed vs left handed, different coloured helmets etc).

There is no way that people can feel it is necessary to differentiate the teams, but also not differentiate the two players from the same team (particularly when player numbers aren't visible from front on)

I mean helmets in that its an easy solution to differentiate the two batters (a simple piece of fabric over the helmet) as opposed to say a different coloured shirt or pants etc.

Anyone who has had to score a game of suburban/bush cricket where they are unfamiliar with the other team knows how much more convenient it is to have batsman distinguishable vs clones (i.e right handed vs left handed, different coloured helmets etc).

There is no way that people can feel it is necessary to differentiate the teams, but also not differentiate the two players from the same team (particularly when player numbers aren't visible from front on)
I get that. But that's very different to thinking clash jumpers in footy are unnecessary coz you can look at the scoreboard/bug to see who is playing.

I 100% believe clash jumpers are necessary in footy

I 100% believe they are un-necessary in cricket, but if people want them in, they would be better off solving the problems differentiating between batsman before solving the jumper clash problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket clash kits are unnecessary, but they make for a better visual spectacle. Too many teams wear dull green uniforms, which was even worse when the Aussies used to do the same. Thank the universe we reverted back to the yellow.
The main reason for the green uniforms is religion. Pakistan and Bangladesh are both Islamic countries, with the main Islamic colour being green. Therefore they both share green as their primary colour. Plus, Bangladesh were previous part of Pakistan, known as East Bengal (1947 - 1955) and then East Pakistan (1955 - 1971).

Saffers main colours are green and gold (same as Australia), so they've both come to the point wear one wears green and the other wears gold.

I'm not happy with India's choice of saffron for their secondary kit as this is the colour of Hinduism and Sikhism. Where India is meant to be a secular country.

Which colour would you pick for India in that case? Black seems the only other reasonable option (can't use white because white ball, could never use green even though it is on the flag, can't use different shades of blue since teams apparently clash with England AND Sri Lanka, which is idiotic)

Which colour would you pick for India in that case? Black seems the only other reasonable option (can't use white because white ball, could never use green even though it is on the flag, can't use different shades of blue since teams apparently clash with England AND Sri Lanka, which is idiotic)
I'll go with: because we are the BCCI, and we run cricket, we will always wear blue. hahahah

but in seriousness, black.

I'm not happy with India's choice of saffron for their secondary kit as this is the colour of Hinduism and Sikhism. Where India is meant to be a secular country.
Considering it's one of three colours on the Indian flag, and white is out, and green is overused among the teams involved...and it's often been used as the secondary colour on the blue kit (the name and numbers in that colour and some accents), I think it makes the most sense of any colour to use for a secondary kit.

Considering it's one of three colours on the Indian flag, and white is out, and green is overused among the teams involved...and it's often been used as the secondary colour on the blue kit (the name and numbers in that colour and some accents), I think it makes the most sense of any colour to use for a secondary kit.
I agree with what you are saying, it is the most likely option. But there will be a few religious nuts out there that will make a bigger deal of this.

I agree with what you are saying, it is the most likely option. But there will be a few religious nuts out there that will make a bigger deal of this.
Have they had problems with the use of orange/saffron on India kits previously?
According to Britannica, "To avoid the sectarian associations of the original proposal, new attributions were associated with the saffron, white, and green stripes. They were said to stand for, respectively, courage and sacrifice, peace and truth, and faith and chivalry."
I have no idea but have these attributions overtaken the original meanings?

There is literally no point in having clash strips in cricket other than for a cash grab.
And to make it actually worth moving from whites to coloured clothing. Both teams in blue is not much better than both in white.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back