Remove this Banner Ad

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
A bit of a weird one, but these uniforms are the direction I thought the BBL should've been heading. Flashy colours for the kids, but actually adding design elements and ones that are related/interesting (Brisbane Heat flames were a perfect example of this).

Same here. As people have said on this thread before, the move to introduce black into kits was probably not a prefererable decision for the BBL, and now the reversion back to more colour (or more white as many sugggested) is a better choice. But yes, some design elements would be nice. Surely the flames for the heat, the starry night sky for the Stars and Sixers, and the faint red R for the renegades still support the monochrome rule to a certain extent?

Same here. As people have said on this thread before, the move to introduce black into kits was probably not a prefererable decision for the BBL, and now the reversion back to more colour (or more white as many sugggested) is a better choice. But yes, some design elements would be nice. Surely the flames for the heat, the starry night sky for the Stars and Sixers, and the faint red R for the renegades still support the monochrome rule to a certain extent?

It might be a better choice for the on-field look, but removing black and changing the jerseys (which were becoming very unique and designed quite well) will surely put a huge dent in sales.

There's no way I'm paying for a plain red t-shirt with some sponsor logos ironed on, compared to last seasons Renegades design (featuring a prominent 'R' with background and black panels) which I was more than happy to cough up for

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Look like NZ is following suit
412E6D53-65B5-41C0-BD30-7CD0B30A71D5.jpeg

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
A novel idea perhaps: switching the black and the teal for a 20/20 kit. Teal pads and all, plus no rectangle for the sponsor logo

Last edited:

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
It might be a better choice for the on-field look, but removing black and changing the jerseys (which were becoming very unique and designed quite well) will surely put a huge dent in sales.

There's no way I'm paying for a plain red t-shirt with some sponsor logos ironed on, compared to last seasons Renegades design (featuring a prominent 'R' with background and black panels) which I was more than happy to cough up for
That’s the thing though. It looks like the BBL don’t want or need shirt sales. I’m sure they would be doing this for a reason, no way would they sabotage themselves this hard otherwise.

Perhaps they want cricket to become accessible to everyone, without making people buy 100 dollar shirts to feel a part of it. Who knows.

One thing is for sure though. The BBL are trying to make colour a even bigger part of each teams identity (if it wasn’t already).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
9B48FC33-381F-4741-85E8-C3FC331EAE53.png

It’s official, and I must admit it looks good!
Obviously shirt sales will be low due to lack of shirt design, but for producing results like this it may be worth it.

View attachment 761898
It’s official, and I must admit it looks good!
Obviously shirt sales will be low due to lack of shirt design, but for producing results like this it may be worth it.

I'm still not convinced. The shirts and the aesthetic of the league looked much better when each team was developing their own unique identity, expressed through their individual designs. For me the move to cookie-cutter designs is a step backwards in each team growing an identity in their area

For example, the Renegades were developing a tough, urban style and brand with the brick walls and graffiti aesthetic, but all that development is gone and now we're simply 'the red team'

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The colouring of the kits are a lot better, with a lot more differentiation between them. It would have been nice to have some sort of design element in addition to the new bright colours. Maybe its the first step to this

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

This isn’t a good thing.

I mean, I don’t really care /that/ much it’s just Big Bash end of the day, but as someone that designs jerseys, this is homogenised crap that takes away any sort of identity these teams had.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
It's very dissapointing because I was looking forward to purchasing a jersey with one of the BBL08 Champions shield on it but I just can't bring myself to buy a $110 tshirt billboard. Quite pathetic and turned a competition in which teams had a lot of personality into one where the only differentiating identity is the colours. Way to tank your brand Cricket Australia.

It's a shame too because the collar look really good on the Majestic template this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back