hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
All I could find quickly on Twitter was the Port batting card.
Was anything in the Tiser today?

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
I understand that this might be a weird request, but is there a scorecard of that Adelaide Bushfire game?
https://resources.portadelaidefc.com.au/photo-resources/2020/02/02/9fc8557c-f21e-45d8-8c62-8280ccd2195c/Batting-Card.jpg?width=500

Not the Crows card though

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars
Can't see the front but looks like the shirts for the bushfire charity match will be the yellow home vs green away odi kits... Looking forward to seeing Tendulkar & Lara in green & gold :tearsofjoy:

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Ok seriously, what is with cricket kits and arial condensed? Do designers just give up halfway through? Is there a guideline that teams must follow? As a huge fan of creative typefaces, these choices are honestly mind boggling.
This took 2 seconds, but this is practically what cricket kit designers would do if they had control of (what pains me to say) is the best looking jersey in the majors.
dodgers.png

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Ok seriously, what is with cricket kits and arial condensed? Do designers just give up halfway through? Is there a guideline that teams must follow? As a huge fan of creative typefaces, these choices are honestly mind boggling.
This took 2 seconds, but this is practically what cricket kit designers would do if they had control of (what pains me to say) is the best looking jersey in the majors.
View attachment 823913
For ICC events all teams must have their name on the front of their shirts. If it's not a standard design element of their kit (eg India) then it's done in the basic font.
I'm not quoting any regulations on this but that's how I see the current situation. India have their name on the front of their kits in all short-form cricket and continue the same font into tournaments and everyone else has to add it on and use boring font.

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
For ICC events all teams must have their name on the front of their shirts. If it's not a standard design element of their kit (eg India) then it's done in the basic font.
I'm not quoting any regulations on this but that's how I see the current situation. India have their name on the front of their kits in all short-form cricket and continue the same font into tournaments and everyone else has to add it on and use boring font.
So designers are incompetent nincompoops, gotchya

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
whoever made the rule on having the arial condensed nation name on the front of the kits is a *******.

as if i'm not going to know the cricketer with a long ass last name on the back wearing dark blue & yellow isn't from sri lanka.
same goes for any other bloody country. the kits themselves are usually kinda cool (last couple posted above are nice, and especially when nations like aus & nz do the flashback uniforms as well).

whoever made the rule on having the arial condensed nation name on the front of the kits is a *******.

as if i'm not going to know the cricketer with a long ass last name on the back wearing dark blue & yellow isn't from sri lanka.
same goes for any other bloody country. the kits themselves are usually kinda cool (last couple posted above are nice, and especially when nations like aus & nz do the flashback uniforms as well).
I got no issue with it. It does mean less sponsor bs on shirts.
Just wish other teams would pick a better font.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I got no issue with it. It does mean less sponsor bs on shirts.
Just wish other teams would pick a better font.
I think this is why it's done. Takes up a spot where otherwise teams would want a sponsor that may or may not be a competitor of one of the ICC's.

Back