Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

I think this is why it's done. Takes up a spot where otherwise teams would want a sponsor that may or may not be a competitor of one of the ICC's.

Whether or not there are sponsors allowed on tops is mandated by the ICC though. I don't think mandating a country name would cause a side to not get a sponsor if they were allowed.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Whether or not there are sponsors allowed on tops is mandated by the ICC though. I don't think mandating a country name would cause a side to not get a sponsor if they were allowed.

I think the country name is only required on World Cup jumpers, and has, since last years World Cup atleast, have allowed sponsor logos as part of the kit. As seen by the Indian kit they can and have continue to use both country name and sponsor logo (as long as it fits the requirements from both the icc and the host nations advertising laws)

I think the country name is only required on World Cup jumpers, and has, since last years World Cup atleast, have allowed sponsor logos as part of the kit. As seen by the Indian kit they can and have continue to use both country name and sponsor logo (as long as it fits the requirements from both the icc and the host nations advertising laws)
It's definitely required on the shirts as well. sponsor will typically be moved to one sleeve with the manufacturer on the other (the CWC or Champions Trophy logo will end up where it would sit normally.)

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
From at least South Africa 2003 (the first I remember) it's been national crest in usual place, CWC logo on the breast, country name on the chest, team sponsor front arm and manufacturer back arm.

If every country could have a sponsor on their chest/midriff then I guarantee they all would. Not allowed though for the world cup.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
Admittedly the CWC shirts haven't looked that good, in my opinion anyway, since the last time they were all part of a universal template in 1999. The conclusion of the World Cup marked the stage when capitalism began to completely envelop the sport.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
australiat20.png

This was originally designed for the CA competition, but couldn't be bothered entering with all the T's & C's.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
For a late series with minimal interest, the kits have been done very nicely (better retro/sponsorship integration that last year from aus)View attachment 837068

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Australia's the colours of the advertising are perhaps a little too close (the word "energy" isn't really clear", NZ could have maybe gone without the box and just a stroke around the logo-dude.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Would the canary yellow helmets then become the test helmets as well?
Or will they go back to green for tests?
I would assume green for Tests to match the caps.
Which poses 2 questions:
1. Will they keep the yellow helmets for all yellow-kit matches?
2. Why do they not wear floppy greens in Tests to go with floppy yellows greens and blacks which match the cap colour in ODIs and T20Is?
only the helmets
I guess that's consistent with what we've had sincw they updated the shirt crests on all kits. I'll let it slide 😛

I would assume green for Tests to match the caps.
Which poses 2 questions:
1. Will they keep the yellow helmets for all yellow-kit matches?
2. Why do they not wear floppy greens in Tests to go with floppy yellows greens and blacks which match the cap colour in ODIs and T20Is?

Floppy green? blasphemy

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Love the lemon lids. I've missed them for years. It's about time we went back to them.

A wide-brimmed green hat in Tests? Would take some getting used to. On a practical note it would absorb heat, as opposed to the white hats that reflect the light and heat.

The baggy green doesn't match the shirt. Why have 2 of the 3 headwear options not match the others.
To be uniform, it should be white kit with green headwear.

this is being way overthought when the reality is most test nations, all the way down to local cricket clubs, wear a coloured wool hat or cap with a white floppy hat.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
this is being way overthought when the reality is most test nations, all the way down to local cricket clubs, wear a coloured wool hat or cap with a white floppy hat.
So because everyone does it....

Love the lemon lids. I've missed them for years. It's about time we went back to them.

A wide-brimmed green hat in Tests? Would take some getting used to. On a practical note it would absorb heat, as opposed to the white hats that reflect the light and heat.
The baggy green would do the same, and the green one in ODIs.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would the canary yellow helmets then become the test helmets as well?
Or will they go back to green for tests?
This is just for the one-dayers. They've reverted to the yellow helmets that the Aussies always used to wear in one-day cricket. They won't do it for Test matches, which have always been green.

Side note: Terry Alderman at least once used his yellow helmet when coming out to bat in a Test match. A gold star for anyone who can find footage or an image of it.

Back