Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

So long as they must have white/no backgrounds I am ok with this staying.

Yeah i agree. The Eng and WI sponsors seem to work ok. Commbank worked fine in the sheffield shield, whereas Bupa and Weetbix not so much.

1594439996572.png

1594439702720.png

1594439836006.png

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Yeah i agree. The Eng and WI sponsors seem to work ok. Commbank worked fine in the sheffield shield, whereas Bupa and Weetbix not so much.

View attachment 910106

View attachment 910100

View attachment 910102
Yeah Bupa could easily have been inverted, blue writing and heartbeat. Weetbix navy writing with navy and red stripe under perhaps. Brands who do this in a traditional format such as Tests will receive less hate than if they go big boxy style...though any publicity is good publicity, right? 😅

Yeah Bupa could easily have been inverted, blue writing and heartbeat. Weetbix navy writing with navy and red stripe under perhaps. Brands who do this in a traditional format such as Tests will receive less hate than if they go big boxy style...though any publicity is good publicity, right? 😅
A company can't just change it's logo to suit though. I know it would look better, but then it's just not their logo is it.

A company can't just change it's logo to suit though. I know it would look better, but then it's just not their logo is it.

Zurich have done it for Melbourne sort of, by adopting the light blue to suit the jumper

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Most companies' style guides provide logo variant options such as being all one colour or inverse etc.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure bupa did for at least one season?

Good win by the Windies by the way. Jason Holder is a beast.

Join the discussion if you haven't already.

Looks like it's the same design as the Women's T20 World Cup kit

1596361748119.png

That variant of the Australia logo on the left of the shirt also tends to be used by other national teams (such as junior teams), pictured here at the U/19 World Cup

1596361845811.png

While the kits from the U/19 World Cup were made by Asics, I'm sure I've seen kits for other national teams made by smaller manufacturers. My guess would be that the kit you've pictured is for a junior competition

Last edited:

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Wouldn’t read too much into it- I reckon it is the Indoor Cricket World Cup shirt that was meant to be in Aus this year- now pushed back to next year.
Yeah, couldn't see the aus cricket side going with a mino supplier.

Back