The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
WE HAVE PERSONALITY! Not a fan of the black pants though nor the heat pressed logos
2F29DCF9-B8A6-4405-B66A-FAFE6BEC0C0E.jpeg
73265456-7D63-420E-931A-0A34E91B793B.jpeg
932EDF3B-826C-4EE3-B8E6-7F9B764227F4.jpeg
1844B691-6B4E-47F9-8CA1-F33A949667E0.jpeg
2C4A7D24-BDBD-4140-ADBB-754CF455C06F.jpeg
E40F33B3-1DA0-488B-8AF0-0EED83562FEA.jpeg
8F2A72E1-64F6-416A-A479-7E84958780FB.jpeg
1D7DEB20-6FED-4247-B826-20F1D9AF6D8F.jpeg

Saint Mick

Senior List
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Be interesting to see what they do with the headwear - are 47 Brand still involved or will they move to Nike caps?

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Stars and Scorchers are the best, like the Thunder one but the writing is stupid. Renegades one is the worst of the lot.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Stars design looks crap to me, but Heat is the best of the lot by a mile

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
My thoughts on the new jerseys
Adelaide - Decent
Brisbane - Amazing
Hobart - Great
Renegades - Terrible
Stars - Great
Perth - Amazing
Sixers - Meh
Thunder - The worst
Strikers - 3 - Outer tone of blue is too contrasting with rest of shirt
Heat - 5 - Brilliant, Always had a great flame element, with very subtle yet bold enough colouring
Hurricanes - 3 - Large H shape draws attention to an oversized, bland element with a lack of a dynamic shape.
Renegades - 2 - Feels unbalanced, lack of continuity, design element is a bit muddled and confusing.
Stars - 2 - Green looks a bit dull, too significant a contrast between dark design element and shirt, the white glow is a bit garish
Scorchers - 4 - Gradient creates a symbolic reference, creates a bright focal point, contrast between logo element is slightly too high but blends nicely with rest of shirt.
Sixers - 4 - Clever use of a traditional design element to create an even greater contrast with the glowing illustration below, really strong colour
Thunder - 2 - What is that text? Trying to fill in a glaring gap in the design. The thunder drew the short straw with that colour 10 years ago

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why they think the Renegades ones are bad? The best kit we've had since BBL07 imo. Would be cooler if they worked the logo into it somewhere but otherwise kinda nice.
They just look a bit bland with the two squares. Personally if they wanted that 'Renegade' style they should have added it more, like fading in from the bottom with a light version of the logo in it. I think people don't like it because they could've done more but didn't.

Strikers' is good if you think suspenders are cool. But in general it was the right idea to not base the main design around their crappy logo, no such luck for the Stars (but that's what happens when you pick a bad nickname).

Renegades' is obviously the best. I can however understand why those with mere incipient taste prefer the offerings of, say, the Heat and Scorchers.

Back to pants matching pads for all teams it seems, thankfully, as the alternate always comes off looking like peak park cricket sloppiness.

And I was hoping things would change with the numbers and names on the back... but such a change would probably have been showcased today if it was to be.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Adelaide: A lot going on, but nothing that screams fantastic. - 3/5

Brisbane: Flame is back = good, may look more like shadowing when out on the field though = bad - 4/5

Hobart: Giant logo on front, check. Does it work? No - 2/5

Renegades: Different? Yes. Different good? Not really. - 3/5

Stars: Feels like a throwback to their first design. Star stands out which is better than Brisbane, but overall not as good. 3/5

Perth: As expected. Could do with more black on the shirt to create contrast in the design. - 4/5

Sixers: Very much the Sixers, but nothing to stand out from the crowd. - 3/5

Thunder: About what you would expect from the Thunder. Text stands out too much. Make the text less visible and add some more black on the sleeves and the rating would likely be higher. - 3/5

Overall: Better than the last set by a massive margin (but just about anything would have been). All could be improved with simple tweaks. Unfortunately most are middle of the road, not amazing, but not terrible, certainly not designs that have me wanting to race out and buy any. Total score = 3.125/5

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
They just look a bit bland with the two squares. Personally if they wanted that 'Renegade' style they should have added it more, like fading in from the bottom with a light version of the logo in it. I think people don't like it because they could've done more but didn't.
okay fair enough. I do agree they could do more, but it's better than a plain red shirt that's for sure.

They are all pretty good apart from the Thunder (who thought sticking a great big "thunder nation" on the shirt was a good idea) and the Stars (the gradient treatment on the star just doesn't do it for me). Strikers is the best one here, love how it is mimics the helmet design. Will be picking one up for sure, hopefully there is a run of shirts before they sign a big ugly sponsor on the front.

Back