Cricket may be DEAD, but it's ghosts linger...

Well, it's been depressing even for a non-aficionado such as myself.

My boss, who is cricket mad, has been curled up in the foetal position all week, just occasionally letting out a soft moan or whimper......it's hard not to feel his pain.

We are s**t - that is all there is to it.

However, salvation is at hand. What better to do when the dawn is the darkest than reminisce about the good old days?

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au...e-cricket-clash-at-kangaroo-flat/2041912.aspx

MOMENTUM continues to build ahead of the John Forbes Tribute cricket match next month.

Three more former Australian cricketers are confirmed for the February 3 Twenty20 match at Kangaroo Flat’s Dower Park.

Those who this week confirmed they would play in the match are former Australian captain Mark Taylor, Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Elliott.

Taylor, Gilchrist and Elliott join Shane Warne, Merv Hughes, Damien Fleming, Ian Healy and Simon O’Donnell as ex-Australian cricketers who will play in the match.

Between those eight players, they played a combined 564 Tests and 971 one-day internationals for Australia.

But wait, there's more, including a couple of Hawthorn interests...

The charity game will also feature a number of former AFL players, with 1995 Sydney Swans Brownlow medallist Paul Kelly the latest to indicate he will play.

Other former AFL players who will take part are Jason Dunstall, Danny Frawley, Brad Johnson and Rohan Smith.

As part of the day, a pre-match luncheon will be held at the Kangaroo Flat Sports Club.

Among the speakers for the luncheon will be St Kilda’s 1958 Brownlow medallist Neil Roberts, Hawthorn and Carlton premiership coach David Parkin, dual Melbourne Cup-winning jockey Roy Higgins, Olympic gold medallist Herb Elliott and former VFL umpire Glen James.

Sure, it's hit and giggle, but this is for a great cause, in honour of a bloke who spearheaded the Blue Ribbon Foundation from inception - so as a ratepayer of the fair city of Bendigo - I not only invite you all to attend, but it would be great to get a Big Footy Hawks Social Club presence happening too.

The great thing about these games is that the bones may be creaky, but the talent never dies.

I remember fondly a few of years back watching the great DK weave his magic. Incredible how he regularly beat the bat of current first class players.

BullyWee

Cancelled
Jul 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Clyde
The great thing about these games is that the bones may be creaky, but the talent never dies.

I remember fondly a few of years back watching the great DK weave his magic. Incredible how he regularly beat the bat of current first class players.

Not really that incredible

Back