Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na just think he is out of line

Was all intentional imo. Wanted out of Bushies months ago, but got blocked on a technicality. This will force the move to NSW... Which (in)directly forces a move into the Australian team.

Michael Clarke as good a commentator as Captain.

Totally shithouse, I'm amazed he has a job.

Mark Nicolas makes he sound pathetically amateur.

"He better have moved his foot or thats 2 minutes of our lives we will never get back"

Sounds like your average deadshit AFL supporter complaining about score reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look 150 though, would rather face him compared to Lee or Akhtar, seems to lose a lot of pace off the pitch.

Still a fantastic young bowler though!

you wonder how much of that is due to the run ups tho ! They Pushed off the boundary fence

well played by the Aussies.. To get 325 after 90-4 is a good effort
I'm still wondering why we didn't review Smiths LBW tho ! Looked out in real time and was out on replay. Surely Smith is key to Aussie batting and you have a sniff when a chance like that presents

not all doom & gloom for us. Guptill got some form back, and Fergusson looks a find.

That catch from Smith was one of the best I've seen

Steve Smith - scores 164, then takes a difficult catch in the slips and follows it up with a screamer in the gully.

Wins the match on his own and carried his team to victory.

He must have been feeling how Wayne Carey used to feel every week.

Steve Smith - scores 164, then takes a difficult catch in the slips and follows it up with a screamer in the gully.

Wins the match on his own and carried his team to victory.

He must have been feeling how Wayne Carey used to feel every week.

I've been critical of his captaincy, but no denying he leads from the front performance wise.

Amazing to think he was initially picked as a spinner who could bat, now arguably best batsman in the world who hardly ever bowls.

I've been critical of his captaincy, but no denying he leads from the front performance wise.

Amazing to think he was initially picked as a spinner who could bat, now arguably best batsman in the world who hardly ever bowls.

good discussion as to who the best bat is. I was pretty surprised as to the difference between his overseas average and home. something like 56 v 31 for ODI's which will count against him when deciding
My best bat would still be De Villers, maybe followed by Kohli but Smith is right up there too

good discussion as to who the best bat is. I was pretty surprised as to the difference between his overseas average and home. something like 56 v 31 for ODI's which will count against him when deciding
My best bat would still be De Villers, maybe followed by Kohli but Smith is right up there too

Yes it is a hard one to call. I'd probably agree with De Villiers, and could throw a blanket over Kohli, Williamson and Smith

In which format?

In ODI's Kohli has an average over 90 (I think) for the last 10-12 one dayers. Hard to go past him.

Personally think Smith is the best and most consistent batsman across all three formats in the world over the last 18 months. Followed by De Villiers, Kohli, Williamson

In which format?

In ODI's Kohli has an average over 90 (I think) for the last 10-12 one dayers. Hard to go past him.

Personally think Smith is the best and most consistent batsman across all three formats in the world over the last 18 months. Followed by De Villiers, Kohli, Williamson

all formats for De Villiers
as I said its a great discussion and don't think you'd be too wrong suggesting Smith. My only black mark for Smith is his overseas record

Glenn who?

Aussies are such a good 1 day team that they don't need flakey, inconsistent figjams. Head is a gun and just scored 57 as quick as Maxwell ever could, his 2nd in 2 games.

With Head we have enough hitting power with Warner, Finch, Smith, Marsh and Wade. If we lose early wickets Bailey is the man to steady the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back