Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect example of the difference between the two teams.

Post game Smith approaches the Indians stand in captain and asks if the Australians can come to their dressing room and share a drink, apologises for his hot headedness during the series.

Kholi fronts the media and says he takes back ever thinking of Australians as friends and brags that its the best series win he's had.

Perfect example of the difference between the two teams.

Post game Smith approaches the Indians stand in captain and asks if the Australians can come to their dressing room and share a drink, apologises for his hot headedness during the series.

Kholi fronts the media and says he takes back ever thinking of Australians as friends and brags that its the best series win he's had.

I can live with Kholi's carry on on the ground, after all we haven't been angels in that regard. It's the schoolgirl bitchyness off the field that is where he deserves a big whack. No grace in winning or in losing, but 1.2 billion Indians lap it up so that's ok.

Yeah we got beat but s**t I think we had a pretty bloody good series- a decent spin bowler short is all. Can't wait until those pricks land on our shores.......
Certainly wasn't the 4-0 drubbing many were predicting. To be well and truly in the series until late in the 4th test was a good effort.

Praying to the cricket Gods that the 4 headed monster is intact when they come out next and we serve up a Gabba greentop and schedule an old school Perth wicket in the 2nd test.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I reckon next home series bs India provided its 4 tests . Brisbane, Hobart, Melbourne and Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly wasn't the 4-0 drubbing many were predicting. To be well and truly in the series until late in the 4th test was a good effort.

Praying to the cricket Gods that the 4 headed monster is intact when they come out next and we serve up a Gabba greentop and schedule an old school Perth wicket in the 2nd test.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Love to see an old school Perth wicket !..Nothing better than watching class fast bowling vs Class batting on a fast bouncy track

I agree that it was a good effort. Its a very very good Indian side. Their fielding and late order batting has improved out of sight

Interesting Greg Baum article in the Age today. Since Victoria decided to focus on being a better stepping stone for Australian selection instead of trying to win the Shield - and therefore got more adventurous with younger players - it has won three in a row, as well as getting players into the test team, as well as becoming more of a destination state.

Just a little nod to the tank/play the kids question. The longer view can deliver short-term benefits too.

Love to see an old school Perth wicket !..Nothing better than watching class fast bowling vs Class batting on a fast bouncy track

I agree that it was a good effort. Its a very very good Indian side. Their fielding and late order batting has improved out of sight
Still don't know where the Perth Ashes test will be this November, let alone what the wickets will be like.

What's happened to the waca ?

It'll still be utilised, but not for major events. It's been superseded by this, which will be a multi sport venue like most here:

782699_thumb.jpg

During the recent summer tests, Sutherland said the Perth Ashes test would be played at the new stadium.
There is a date - in May, from memory - when the venue will be confirmed. They are hopeful of it being at the new stadium, but we'll wait and see.

You guys have some beautiful ovals to watch cricket from. It's just a pitty no one goes. Watching the series against South Africa and hardly anyone was there to see it.

to be fair the weather was pretty up and down. Wasn't that pleasant

Aussie used to have nice ovals to watch cricket from too..Adelaide, the hill at Sydney etc. Its a shame that they are nearly all concrete now. "Progress" I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back