Cricket season summer 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like to see these 2 teams come out to Australia in the 2023/2024 summer of cricket.

Zimbabwe cant recall last time they ever hit our shores maybe in a world cup some time. Time they toured Australia they are a good team too. Zimbabwe.
Either Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. Both have not been here for a long time and last time again was at the world cup.
I would have Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for 23/24.
Bit done with Pakistan,India and South africa always here.
Time for something different.
Like to see also Holland or Ireland come out as an exhibition tour prior to the summer proper both have top players. Ireland and Australia would be great viewing in the cricket.
My ideal 2 teams would be Ireland and Zimbabwe.
Boxing day test MCG Australia and Ireland. Love it.

As with domestic cricket.
I see the next edition of the big bash to be the last one and it will be played as part of the sheffield sheild.
No much will change in domestic cricket.
Like to see more shield games at the junction oval or even play a shield game at Docklands stadium indoors.
I feel they need to revive the domestic cricket comps.

Love to see more womens cricket at the mcg and docklands

Like to see these 2 teams come out to Australia in the 2023/2024 summer of cricket.

Zimbabwe cant recall last time they ever hit our shores maybe in a world cup some time.
They were here 5 months ago for an ODI series.

I'm afraid they've already pencilled in the teams touring for the next summer and every summer until 2027. Afghanistan and Bangladesh are coming in future summers.
For the next summer, it's Pakistan (3 Tests - incl Boxing Day and New Years) and West Indies (2 Tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is).

Zimbabwe cant recall last time they ever hit our shores maybe in a world cup some time. Time they toured Australia they are a good team too. Zimbabwe.
Either Sri Lanka or Bangladesh. Both have not been here for a long time and last time again was at the world cup.
I would have Zimbabwe and Bangladesh for 23/24.
Bit done with Pakistan,India and South africa always here.
Time for something different.
Like to see also Holland or Ireland come out as an exhibition tour prior to the summer proper both have top players. Ireland and Australia would be great viewing in the cricket.
My ideal 2 teams would be Ireland and Zimbabwe.
Boxing day test MCG Australia and Ireland. Love it.

As with domestic cricket.
I see the next edition of the big bash to be the last one and it will be played as part of the sheffield sheild.
No much will change in domestic cricket.
Like to see more shield games at the junction oval or even play a shield game at Docklands stadium indoors.
I feel they need to revive the domestic cricket comps.

Love to see more womens cricket at the mcg and docklands

can't be april 1st can it ?

the-simpsons-homer.gif

Everything in the OP's post has to be trolling right?

In any case, based on news reports the summer is looking like the following:

1st Test v Pakistan Optus - Mid Dec
2nd Test v Pakistan MCG - Boxing Day
3rd Test v Pakistan SCG - Early Jan

1st Test v West Indies Gabba - Mid Jan
2nd test v West Indies Adelaide Oval - Late Jan (possibly Australia day - even if it's not acknolweded)

3 ODI's 3T20's v West Indies - Early Feb

Adelaide understandably unhappy with the prospect of having the West Indies two summers in a row. Perhaps not coincidentally, news reports coming out that Adelaide are attempting to steal the new years test from Sydney.

I honestly had no idea of this 10 year deal in place where Adelaide gets the guarenteed better touring side each summer, but then it does make sense why they get to host India each time while Brisbane and Perth have had to fight out for the 4th venue.

Like more womens cricket at the mcg and marvel.

I know its the pakistanis and west indies again next summer.

Would have liked ireland to come out along with say bangladesh

Everything in the OP's post has to be trolling right?

In any case, based on news reports the summer is looking like the following:

1st Test v Pakistan Optus - Mid Dec
2nd Test v Pakistan MCG - Boxing Day
3rd Test v Pakistan SCG - Early Jan

1st Test v West Indies Gabba - Mid Jan
2nd test v West Indies Adelaide Oval - Late Jan (possibly Australia day - even if it's not acknolweded)

3 ODI's 3T20's v West Indies - Early Feb

Adelaide understandably unhappy with the prospect of having the West Indies two summers in a row. Perhaps not coincidentally, news reports coming out that Adelaide are attempting to steal the new years test from Sydney.

I honestly had no idea of this 10 year deal in place where Adelaide gets the guarenteed better touring side each summer, but then it does make sense why they get to host India each time while Brisbane and Perth have had to fight out for the 4th venue.

Australia will look like world beaters for a few years now.. pretty easy next 3-4 years

Why will the next edition of the Big Bash be the last one, after this years was pretty successful?
And the BBL is by far and away the most popular Domestic Competition in Australia currently. The gap between Big Bash and Shield is absolutely enormous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hosting the WI at that point of the summer impacts the BBL as the topline Australian players can take no part at all and for what? The Gabba crowds will be awful and the AO crowds will be as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a boycott of sorts there considering it's the second year in a row they have to watch them. Along with Pakistan coming out whose record in Australia is utterly pathetic the upcoming summer will be the most boring, lopsided cricket you'll see for a long time. Will be an exercise of stat boosting for all involved.

Hosting the WI at that point of the summer impacts the BBL as the topline Australian players can take no part at all and for what? The Gabba crowds will be awful and the AO crowds will be as well. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a boycott of sorts there considering it's the second year in a row they have to watch them. Along with Pakistan coming out whose record in Australia is utterly pathetic the upcoming summer will be the most boring, lopsided cricket you'll see for a long time. Will be an exercise of stat boosting for all involved.

Thats a bit harsh pakistan has a fantastic fast bowling unit and decent batters. I am looking forward to seeing them tour and IMO the cricket will be of high standard.

Thats a bit harsh pakistan has a fantastic fast bowling unit and decent batters. I am looking forward to seeing them tour and IMO the cricket will be of high standard.
I reckon both teams will be decent. The Windies should be less overawed having played here recently, and Pakistan have a reasonable line up. I’m expecting a win, but realistically I’d be expecting a win against just about anyone in home conditions.

Who should Australia have played this summer? Noting we'll have played 9 Tests against India and England in the 9 months before the summer and then those 2 are our only Test opponents in 4 of the next 5 summers after this one.

Furious about all of this
No day/night test
Windies again
January rather than pre xmas
Wednesday day 1

Wont be bothering with membership. * em

Yeah it's a joke, went to quite a lot of Cricket this summer but honestly doubt I'll go more than 2-3 times this summer coming up.

I know many people dislike the BBL so it's more of a sidenote but with that season being shortened there goes another 2 matches of 'value'. Can't see the prices dropping either. With a midweek test, surely the least they could give us is an ODI. Can't say I care about opposition all that much, Pakistan aren't much better than the Windies out here on past form. But yeah, s**t all round.

this was the crap that Perth copped last season

Hey - as all the Adelaide and Melbourne folk were at pains to explain to us last year, terrible opposition and a Wednesday start during a regular working week is no excuse for a poor crowd. They should be thankful for Cricket Australia's munificence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back