Cricket season summer 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All tests are in the holiday period - let's all turn up !

Late start to the aussie summer and all the white ball internationals are in feb (feb 2-13) before a test tour to NZ.

No white ball cricket in Brisbane this summer (I guess Qld as a state were looked after last summer with those white ball games during AFL season).

The following 2 summers will see both India and England here for 5 tests.
The summer following will look so different with 6 tests v Afg, NZ and Bang over a 6 month period with a trip to India (5 tests) squeezed in.

With a midweek test, surely the least they could give us is an ODI.
They did. Saturday, February 3 at 2.10pm. Every true cricket lover in Adelaide will be there.

Hey - as all the Adelaide and Melbourne folk were at pains to explain to us last year, terrible opposition and a Wednesday start during a regular working week is no excuse for a poor crowd. They should be thankful for Cricket Australia's munificence.
Yup 100% people only see what's in front of them and what effects them

Furious about all of this
No day/night test
Windies again
January rather than pre xmas
Wednesday day 1

Wont be bothering with membership. * em
Now you can understand WA fans frustration with the schedule for the past few years

at least its not during November and the Adelaide test is during a school holiday period

Now you can understand WA fans frustration with the schedule for the past few years

at least its not during November and the Adelaide test is during a school holiday period
Couldnt care less about school holidays tbh. Barely any kids go the test anyway... the difference between us and WA is we get crowds yet now being punished to "grow the game in WA". Its ridiculous imo

everythign in the OP's post has to be trolling right?

In any case, based on news reports the summer is looking like the following:

1st Test v Pakistan Optus - Mid Dec
2nd Test v Pakistan MCG - Boxing Day
3rd Test v Pakistan SCG - Early Jan

1st Test v West Indies Gabba - Mid Jan
2nd test v West Indies Adelaide Oval - Late Jan (possibly Australia day - even if it's not acknolweded)

3 ODI's 3T20's v West Indies - Early Feb

Adelaide understandably unhappy with the prospect of having the West Indies two summers in a row. Perhaps not coincidentally, news reports coming out that Adelaide are attempting to steal the new years test from Sydney.

I honestly had no idea of this 10 year deal in place where Adelaide gets the guarenteed better touring side each summer, but then it does make sense why they get to host India each time while Brisbane and Perth have had to fight out for the 4th venue.
Was pretty much I predicted, except the Brisbane and Adelaide tests have swapped. I find that surprising though, given that Adelaide has history in hosting an Australia Day test match. I think CA will avoid any Australia Day marketing if recent seasons are anything to go by.

Also very strange why they would give Brisbane the D/N test rather than Adelaide. CA's reason about it being too hot in January is stupid, it's not like January is that much hotter than the usual November/December slot. I suspect they've done the D/N test last to avoid clashes with the Big Bash, possibly having a break before finals.

Couldnt care less about school holidays tbh. Barely any kids go the test anyway... the difference between us and WA is we get crowds yet now being punished to "grow the game in WA". Its ridiculous imo

Umm really? ..you talking about the crap scheduling for the Perth test against the Windies that was in Nov starting on a Wednesday ...yeah I can see why the crowds where down.

But what about the 18000 that rocked up to see Aus V Afghanistan in a World Cup at the Adelaide oval ??? on a Friday night in a must win game to get into the finals ? ? compare that to the 25000 that rocked up to Optus to See Aus Defeat Sri Lanka on a Tuesday night??

So don't tell me the difference between us is that you get crowds

This is all about s**t scheduling and that was our argument last year ...if you have a beef with us take it up with Cricket Australia

Thats a bit harsh pakistan has a fantastic fast bowling unit and decent batters. I am looking forward to seeing them tour and IMO the cricket will be of high standard.
That's the type of talk that gets spoken about them every time they come out then we go on to flog them. The bowlers drop their bundles pretty quick, the batsmen rarely tough it out and their standard of fielding is terrible. They rarely put up much of a fight and their record over here shows that.

Was pretty much I predicted, except the Brisbane and Adelaide tests have swapped. I find that surprising though, given that Adelaide has history in hosting an Australia Day test match. I think CA will avoid any Australia Day marketing if recent seasons are anything to go by.

Also very strange why they would give Brisbane the D/N test rather than Adelaide. CA's reason about it being too hot in January is stupid, it's not like January is that much hotter than the usual November/December slot. I suspect they've done the D/N test last to avoid clashes with the Big Bash, possibly having a break before finals.
I think it’s to avoid 2 day night tests in a series. But yes, odd they swapped them.

Having most of the Tests when more people take time off seems a good thing, except that because of the BBL relevant form is getting old by the end of the Tests if a replacement is needed.

The women having a Test against South Africa is unexpected. For so long the womens game was only Australia and England, and that cut back to one game in the multi-format ashes, before India's women restarted playing Tests.
Its the first time South Africa will have ever played a Test against Australia.

Thats a bit harsh pakistan has a fantastic fast bowling unit and decent batters. I am looking forward to seeing them tour and IMO the cricket will be of high standard.
Just like RSA geat bowling attack who let Warner get a ton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly for the BBL, as you say. Shits me no end that they can't be honest about stuff like that.

imagine if CA takes the money... how much damage will be done to the goodwill of the game?
Blatant cash grab by CA.

And good on them. If state governments pay up for every other sport, why should cricket be left out?

It would be worth every cent to see Victorians complain about scheduling when nobody turns up to day one of a test, on a Wednesday in mid-November.

Indigenous female player Ash Gardiner is upset that the 5th test is scheduled on Australia Day as it’s a national day of mourning.

They’ve done their hardest to avoid it in recent years but being a Friday it’s a bit hard to avoid it this time.

You can guarantee there will be zero references to Australia Day during the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back