Cricket season summer 2023/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

From the womens side, Im looking forward to the rematch of the 2023 Womens T20 World Cup Final . And also nice to see the WACA get a fixture on the international stage.

December 14th on a Thursday will test Perths crowd and WAs interest in Test Cricket. You would imagine a crowd of around 20,000+ needed on 1st day for them to push and hold onto bigger fixtures in future. Anything less and I would imagine that would be a fail.
FwE-6SUakAA9gTa

Id be surprised if the GABBA and Adelaide could get more than 15,000+ through the gates on any of those days for the Test matches involving West Indies .

I hate to say it but tests matches outside the big 3- just dont pull in the crowds eg Australia, India , England. I would be surprised if Im wrong.

From the womens side, Im looking forward to the rematch of the 2023 Womens T20 World Cup Final . And also nice to see the WACA get a fixture on the international stage.

December 14th on a Thursday will test Perths crowd and WAs interest in Test Cricket. You would imagine a crowd of around 20,000+ needed on 1st day for them to push and hold onto bigger fixtures in future. Anything less and I would imagine that would be a fail.
FwE-6SUakAA9gTa
Day 1 vs India on a Friday drew 20,746 and vs NZ on a Thursday drew 19,084. December 14 and December 12, respectively.

India had three days of 19,000+ and NZ had three days of 17,000+.

Give us a decent schedule and we turn up.

Day 1 vs India on a Friday drew 20,746 and vs NZ on a Thursday drew 19,084. December 14 and December 12, respectively.

India had three days of 19,000+ and NZ had three days of 17,000+.

Give us a decent schedule and we turn up.
Thanks in that case, given a reasonable schedule and a better level of opposition, there may be the chance of even 25k, if we get to potentially see a few WA players in it on top of Cam Green.

I just think the appetite for Test cricket it not the same outside tests v England and India. But we will see come December this year.

Id be surprised if the GABBA and Adelaide could get more than 15,000+ through the gates on any of those days for the Test matches involving West Indies .

I hate to say it but tests matches outside the big 3- just dont pull in the crowds eg Australia, India , England. I would be surprised if Im wrong.
Pretty good crowds at the 2nd test last season considering the shite opposition:

Day 1 attendance: 24,449
Day 2 attendance: 27,490
Day 3 attendance: 24,889

Adelaide's crowds have always turned up for test cricket. I guess that's why we get screwed continuously with the D/N test and the scheduling of the Windies (again) next summer....and the ludicrous situation that the test starts on a Wednesday.

Last edited:
It’s looking more and more likely that having the West Indies out here this summer will be a disaster for ticket sales . Their white ball team has fallen off a cliff with them failing to make the main stages of the ODI and T20 World Cups in the men’s. And red ball they have just got smashed by India , with a lot of their top players playing franchise cricket . (It’s been like this for a while)

I’m also not convinced the women’s West Indies will be any good shakes either .

AUSTRALIA IN INDIA

Three ODIs v India - September 22, 24 and 27

ODI World Cup - October 5 to November 19

Five T20s v India - November 23, 26, 28 and December 1 and 3
-------------------
would rather us get some Shield games into the players before the Test series vs Pakistan, but BCCI dollars is more important I guess

AUSTRALIA IN INDIA

Three ODIs v India - September 22, 24 and 27

ODI World Cup - October 5 to November 19

Five T20s v India - November 23, 26, 28 and December 1 and 3
-------------------
would rather us get some Shield games into the players before the Test series vs Pakistan, but BCCI dollars is more important I guess
Not many of the Test prospects would be in the T20 squad hopefully, so most could get a Shield match in even if in the WC squad. But watch CA rest them instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The World Cup is long enough without adding more on at the end.

Pakistan are thrashing SL at the moment. I reckon they could win a test this summer. Famous last words, I know!
That top three is still very flaky. How Shan Masood is still there at 3 boggles the mind.

Not many of the Test prospects would be in the T20 squad hopefully, so most could get a Shield match in even if in the WC squad. But watch CA rest them instead.
They'll go from two months in the UK for the WTC final and Ashes, have three weeks off before 5 ODIs and 3 T20Is in South Africa in August and September, have less than a week before the first match in India, where they'll be for two months.

They then come straight home for five tests, 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is in two months at home, and eight days later, they're in New Zealand for 3 T20Is and two tests.

Don't mind a few of them having a couple of weeks off, tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back