Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matador Cup has already started! Still not sure about having the CA XI in it, to be honest.

Meanwhile, what is going on in South Africa? Do we not care or are we just that crap overseas these days?

Love to see more day-night Tests.

Hopefully the Proteas agree to it!

I'm really looking forward to this summer's two test series against South Africa and Pakistan. They're two quality teams, although I'm disappointed De Villiers isn't coming. Super player.

Time for our bats to inflate their stats on our home roads and only paper over the glaring cracks in their techniques that get exposed abroad. Would love to see some more rounded bats out there.

Time for our bats to inflate their stats on our home roads and only paper over the glaring cracks in their techniques that get exposed abroad. Would love to see some more rounded bats out there.

I think Aussie cricket need to bite the bullet and start blooding some young batsmen.. Not your Marsh's or Maxwells, but get your 22-25 yr olds in the side and give them some time

Perfect summer to do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm returning to the pitch this Saturday the last time I played cricket I snapped my achilles, have been on the "two week" NMFC injury program since 2008!

I may have talked up my ability, looks like I'll be opening both the batting and bowling in our 36 over one-dayer. Will keep you all posted, have a new bat and I just hope with modern technology the bat can find the ball and not be reliant on me.

I'm returning to the pitch this Saturday the last time I played cricket I snapped my achilles, have been on the "two week" NMFC injury program since 2008!

I may have talked up my ability, looks like I'll be opening both the batting and bowling in our 36 over one-dayer. Will keep you all posted, have a new bat and I just hope with modern technology the bat can find the ball and not be reliant on me.
fd5c1f4469920c6dbfa26ff455f84313.jpg

Good luck, NN. I, too, am attempting a comeback - in my mid-forties - but hopefully you get off to a slightly more auspicious start than me. New bat, new gear, old eyes! This is my broken toe after missing a yorker during my fourth pre-season indoor session!

Honestly, does anyone even care about cricket atm?

We are flooded with 20/20 and ODI's no one gives a s**t about and then have to endure test cricket where there are no lead up games for players to get used to conditions, usually 2-3 test series and a heap of games against crap teams...

They need a top 4 system where the bottom 1-2 sides demote and the top 1-2 teams promote in test cricket so its the best playing the best more often than not.

fd5c1f4469920c6dbfa26ff455f84313.jpg

Good luck, NN. I, too, am attempting a comeback - in my mid-forties - but hopefully you get off to a slightly more auspicious start than me. New bat, new gear, old eyes! This is my broken toe after missing a yorker during my fourth pre-season indoor session!

I cried viewing your pic.

Preseason was last night spend 20 minutes batting. I couldn't get my legs moving and played everything late, either I couldn't hit it or they couldn't hit the stumps. My bowling was woeful.

Serious chance of me "Petrieing " this up tomorrow. Anywho training was in Doverton indoors 8:00pm at an industrial estate a thick edge from Princess hwy. I must admit I was cautious when leaving got back to my vehicle started it up and the song on the wireless.....

Danger Zone...."Highway to the Danger Zone
I'll take you
Right into the Danger Zone"

Could only but larf.

Hope you stick at it and you're my inspiration for tomorrow. I checked my sick leave 80 plus days, my super allows for payment if permanently incapacitated.

Bring it on.

Hope you continue?

Well tbat was a disaster, * me given out for nought LBW biggest inside edge in the history of cricket. Made subcontinent decisions back in the late 70's early 80's seem fair!! We lost by four runs.

Dropped a catch hurt my hammy, if they had a board for amatuer cricket gees I'd be posting nasty s**t about myself. Wasnt out though, told those campaigners what i thought of the *en decision as i trudged of the field. We let one of them umpire,next time....

I cried viewing your pic.

Preseason was last night spend 20 minutes batting. I couldn't get my legs moving and played everything late, either I couldn't hit it or they couldn't hit the stumps. My bowling was woeful.

Serious chance of me "Petrieing " this up tomorrow. Anywho training was in Doverton indoors 8:00pm at an industrial estate a thick edge from Princess hwy. I must admit I was cautious when leaving got back to my vehicle started it up and the song on the wireless.....

Danger Zone...."Highway to the Danger Zone
I'll take you
Right into the Danger Zone"

Could only but larf.

Hope you stick at it and you're my inspiration for tomorrow. I checked my sick leave 80 plus days, my super allows for payment if permanently incapacitated.

Bring it on.

Hope you continue?

It's a little spooky reading this - it's as though I wrote the post! Foot movement, playing late, rubbish bowling - it's a carbon copy.

I tried to train last Thursday, but was still quite sore. The prognosis was 4-6 weeks, and Thursday was only three. I definitely feel better this week, though, and will train Thursday, and play Saturday.

I'm incredibly excited, because it's been a very long time coming. Unfortunately, I was given two of the worst knees in the history of mankind and, since my early twenties, have suffered a trillion knee injuries. I've had several reconstructions and other surgeries, and not managed to play competitive sport for more than twenty years. The last time I made a return to cricket, I required a reconstruction after the second training session. In recent years, I've had no trouble with the right, but have hurt the left doing such strenuous activities as getting out of the car, and diving in the pool. Pathetic!

Anyway, encouraged by my amazing missus, a year ago I set myself the goal of playing cricket this summer and, with backing of my surgeon, underwent operation number ten. Today, having spent all year in the gym, I feel fantastic, and I'm truly hopeful that, this time, I might actually get through. I'm as sure as hell not going to die wondering.

All I have to do now is remember how to bloody play - I'm having to try so hard to do what once seemed effortless. But, bring it on!

With all due respect to the Hughes family, and obviously sympathetic for their loss, I simply don't understand what it is that they are trying to achieve at the current inquiry into his death.

What is the outcome if there is a finding that there was extra sledging and extra bouncers? Isn't that still part of the way the game is played?

It was a freak and devastating accident in an otherwise normal game of cricket. Why try to apportion blame now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back