Not open for further replies.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
as for Warner
we'll it just looks so much like a typical can give it but can't take it situation

You either sledge and accept the consequences or you don't sledge. Don't think you can be halfway with this

Personally I think sledging is for people worried about the size of their appendages anyway..

ps sledging is mindless abuse. Don't mind banter or a frustrated swear word. That's different in my book

anyway that's my opinion FWIW

as for Warner
we'll it just looks so much like a typical can give it but can't take it situation

You either sledge and accept the consequences or you don't sledge. Don't think you can be halfway with this

Personally I think sledging is for people worried about the size of their appendages anyway..

ps sledging is mindless abuse. Don't mind banter or a frustrated swear word. That's different in my book

anyway that's my opinion FWIW
whats the difference between sledging and banter? Telling a new batsmen thats just played and missed that the bowler is bowling so fast he can't see it, is aimed at getting under the batsmens skin. Putting some doubt in their mind. It's simple banter but the media portray it as sledging. Calling a batsmen Tinder cause all he does is push for singles is sledging... or is it banter?

The Aussies have come out and said they didn't get personal, the umpires have backed this up. De Kock not only got personal he also did it off the ground. Its so different to what the Aussies were doing. You shouldn't have to accept that as a consequence for the banter that goes out on the ground.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
sledge1
slɛdʒ/
BRITISH
noun
  1. 1.
    a term reserved exclusively for when an Australian cricketer participates in a verbal exchange in the context of sportsmanship
    "the Australian captain aggressively sledged Harbhajan Singh after Singh made an innocent harmless friendly good-natured racially based observation"

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
whats the difference between sledging and banter? Telling a new batsmen thats just played and missed that the bowler is bowling so fast he can't see it, is aimed at getting under the batsmens skin. Putting some doubt in their mind. It's simple banter but the media portray it as sledging. Calling a batsmen Tinder cause all he does is push for singles is sledging... or is it banter?

The Aussies have come out and said they didn't get personal, the umpires have backed this up. De Kock not only got personal he also did it off the ground. Its so different to what the Aussies were doing. You shouldn't have to accept that as a consequence for the banter that goes out on the ground.

Banter
Rod Marsh: "How's the wife and my kids ?
Ian Botham : "The wifes fine the kids are *ed"

Sledging
I F%$*ed your wife last night

as for your last point. this is why I don't like sledging, as it turns into a he said , they said situation. Did the umpires hear everything on the field ? probably not. Has Warner got previous form ? yes.
Are Australia paying currently for past sins ? probably

And as for De Kock well he's certainly living up to his name

ps Liked your Tinder one

Warner is facing suspension from the ICC of a level 2 charge for bringing the game into disrepute while De Kock is facing a level 1 charge for the same offence.
The fact De Kock is being punished at a lower level when he was the one who drew the reaction is a joke.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The fact De Kock is being punished at a lower level when he was the one who drew the reaction is a joke.

Regardless of what was said, and to my mind Warner’s excessive and aggressive sledges brought that reaction you don’t go at someone with physical intent in the pavilion, Warner is over the top and needs the ICC to step in because CA has no balls

Regardless of what was said, and to my mind Warner’s excessive and aggressive sledges brought that reaction you don’t go at someone with physical intent in the pavilion, Warner is over the top and needs the ICC to step in because CA has no balls
The onfield sledging has apparently been signed off on by the umpires, so I don't see how it is excessive or aggressive.

Have you watched the video? The aggressiveness and physicality is incredibly overstated by the media.

It was more that he was trying to get a visual on De Kock who was much further down the stairs, to have words with him, there seemed no intent at all to get physical.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The onfield sledging has apparently been signed off on by the umpires, so I don't see how it is excessive or aggressive.

Have you watched the video? The aggressiveness and physicality is incredibly overstated by the media.

It was more that he was trying to get a visual on De Kock who was much further down the stairs, to have words with him, there seemed no intent at all to get physical.

Respectfully disagree, he was being held back.

How many matches have umpired ever stated that sledging was too much, maybe individual events but not sledging as a whole. Keep in mind most umps wouldn't hear a lot of what's said. As poor as DeKocks sledge was, you can be as aggressive as Warner was (in his career) and crack the shits when it goes bad against him is a pretty good gauge of the quality of the man. His post match carry on was ******* stupid.

naturally north

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 8, 2008
Waiting for Lindsay Thomas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
T**ty Bong two's
well apparently Warner said Da Kocko has a face like a bush pig......

upload_2018-3-7_16-43-15.jpeg

images

Now I put into google bush pig plus Kocko, TBH am not sure who's who.

Good post.

You made me lol on the Tinder reference. That’s the first time I’ve heard that one.

Can't wait to see if the powers that be have the balls to charge Rabada, shouldered Smith and screamed in his face after getting his wicket.

Far worse than anything De Kock, Lyon or Warner did.

Has priors for shoulder bumping as well, so it seems like his go to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back