Cricket things that annoy you

Remove this Banner Ad

It's only just started to annoy me, but how don't international batsmen have custom made pads, the amount of them that have overhanging or folded over straps annoys me!
Thanks for listening

Overs not permanently being displayed in the TV graphics.

The score tells you the raw data, the overs [and thus the scoring rate] gives you an idea of the state of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big bash is a piece of sh*t.

I couldn’t be less interested in a cricket tournament if it featured a video of James Blunt singing ‘you’re beautiful’ on a perpetual loop
Yeah.

When it started it had better players and fewer games, it was good viewing then for what it was in my opinion.

It has become pretty hard to care about now.

Yeah.

When it started it had better players and fewer games, it was good viewing then for what it was in my opinion.

It has become pretty hard to care about now.

A concise summary of it might read something like:

‘A tournament featuring the best players who aren’t already in the Australian test squad, and overseas players generally not quite good enough to make their country’s summer touring or hosting groups, and rejects who simply can’t get a game anywhere else.’

A concise summary of it might read something like:

‘A tournament featuring the best players who aren’t already in the Australian test squad, and overseas players generally not quite good enough to make their country’s summer touring or hosting groups, and rejects who simply can’t get a game anywhere else.’
Bogan Cricket

1. When you loose play for a rain delay, the rain goes away but play has to stop because it's a scheduled break.
  2. Having scheduled drinks breaks, but allowing drinks to be brought out to the batsmen at the end of every over. Either have one or the other.
  3. At a local level - bowling a good ball on off-stump or just outside off which the batsman plays a across the line and gets an inside edge to fine leg only to hear the fieldsmen call out "move it across" or "pitch it on the off-side next time"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back