Cricket things that annoy you

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not asking for people to be penalised. I’m asking how many people would actually carry through what they preach on Internet forums. I would never do it but I would prefer people who are pro mankad to just shut up and do it if they are for it.

I would do it 100% of the time without warning.

And if I were the non-striker - I will bet anyone ten thousand dollars right now you will never be able to Mankad me - because I was taught to back up properly.

I would do it 100% of the time without warning.

And if I were the non-striker - I will bet anyone ten thousand dollars right now you will never be able to Mankad me - because I was taught to back up properly.

I played cricket for years and it was never an issue. Players knew the rules and played in accordance with them.

I'm not making this up, it actually happened. I was in a semi final, we needed 2 runs to win, 1 wicket in hand. A mate of mine bowling for the opposition (an SANFL league footballer actually but no names). As he ran in, he saw our batsman leave his ground as he was about to bowl and took the bails off. Out, we lost by one run.

He copped a bit of flak from our members, but he came up into the clubrooms for a beer. I think he was pleased to find I had no problem with it, even though we lost. I just said, "Them's the rules". Have always felt that way. Play by the rules and you'll avoid a lot of trouble.

I played cricket for years and it was never an issue. Players knew the rules and played in accordance with them.

I'm not making this up, it actually happened. I was in a semi final, we needed 2 runs to win, 1 wicket in hand. A mate of mine bowling for the opposition (an SANFL league footballer actually but no names). As he ran in, he saw our batsman leave his ground as he was about to bowl and took the bails off. Out, we lost by one run.

He copped a bit of flak from our members, but he came up into the clubrooms for a beer. I think he was pleased to find I had no problem with it, even though we lost. I just said, "Them's the rules". Have always felt that way. Play by the rules and you'll avoid a lot of trouble.

Yes that seems to be a remarkably difficult concept to grasp.

sure, let's pick Moises Henriques for the ODI portion of the India tour. did Mark Waugh ghostwrite this? :think:

Umpires at every level of cricket getting the decision wrong when a ball bounces over a batsmens head and it never seems to be picked up.

It’s called wide everytime when it should correctly be called a no ball. Especially important in 50 over or T20 cricket as the next delivery should always be a free hit.
A lot of limited overs competitions change their playing conditions so that law 21.10 - which sets out that balls bouncing over the head of the batter will be a no ball - is overridden by a wide when its part of the number of bouncers allowed for the over. The BBL and all ICC white ball events do for example.

The stupid genuine *******s, literally everywhere right now, that are too stupid to realise they’re taking the side of a foreign owned, mega energy corporation over the best bowler in the world & Australian captain

Like * me how stupid can you be

That guy's a legend.

What do you think about bowlers being no-balled when they take a wicket, just because they were 10cm over the line?

To me those sorts of specifics are part and parcel of the game.

I equate someone being just a few inches out of their crease as the bowler is delivering the ball - and seriously it’s a guess for most non-strikers as to when the bowler is letting go of it because you’re also concentrating on what’s happening at the other end - with a striking batsman moving his position as the bowler is in their delivery stride or charging the bowler etc.

It’s not a concerted effort to cheat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who lazily say ‘how does he take wickets’ when referring to successful Off break / LAO bowlers who don’t turn it square. Failure to acknowledge that accuracy, flight, drift and bounce/ overspin can be equally effective tools to take wickets.

People who lazily say ‘how does he take wickets’ when referring to successful Off break / LAO bowlers who don’t turn it square. Failure to acknowledge that accuracy, flight, drift and bounce/ overspin can be equally effective tools to take wickets.
Because people make a call off watching it on the TV and from 80m away on the boundary .
Totally different to facing it .

Seeing the majority of LBW descidions reviewed in the hope it falls in favour of the batsman. If you are going to review every dismissal, why have umpires ?

I blame the non-striker for that. He has an excellent view of where the ball was going and should be able to tell his mate it was out.

The person calling for the review is usually the striker, and let's face it, if he really knew where the ball was going, he'd have hit it.

I blame the non-striker for that. He has an excellent view of where the ball was going and should be able to tell his mate it was out.

The person calling for the review is usually the striker, and let's face it, if he really knew where the ball was going, he'd have hit it.
Steve Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back