Cricket things that annoy you

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen any matches but assume its the same?
It's intended for "teenage mums and their stupid offspring who have lived among the Mole People since March 2016, don’t really know what cricket is but somehow like T20… but also don’t like cricket, have the attention spans of concussed goldfish and enjoy getting a rise out of others."

More here...

The fact that an awful lot of cricket isn't on Kayo, and I have no way to legally watch it.
That CA will provide streaming for the tests in SL, but not radio.
A lot of the cricket that isn't on Kayo is available legally on icc.tv. For example you can watch the current SL v Pak Test series for US$2. They've also got the equivalent of the Kayo Mini on there for free as well as all the associate and "minnow" teams games that they cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I can't think of where else to put it and it goes totally against the grain of the thread, I'm not sure how many use BBC iPlayer but Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams about his efforts to get non-posh kids into cricket is good. He comes across as a genuine bloke really interested in other people.

Actually, it's a counter to an English-specific whinge that the game is heavily class based there.

If you can't be arsed with VPNs, it'll probably come to Australian TV at some point.

Because I can't think of where else to put it and it goes totally against the grain of the thread, I'm not sure how many use BBC iPlayer but Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams about his efforts to get non-posh kids into cricket is good. He comes across as a genuine bloke really interested in other people.

Actually, it's a counter to an English-specific whinge that the game is heavily class based there.

If you can't be arsed with VPNs, it'll probably come to Australian TV at some point.

Was on night shift last week and got through the lot, it's so good.

People who call a googly a wrong un, and vice versa.

Demonstrates that they don't know the difference. If you're commentating the game you should, and that goes double for someone like Michael Clarke who played with Warne.
I call it a Bosie myself

I call it a Bosie myself
That, I don't mind. Like calling a wide arm leggie a Grimmett.

What I mind is someone who is commentating the game who can't tell the difference between the wristspin action with the palm facing away that is the wrongun compared to the ball coming straight over the wrist and fingers of a googly.

Maybe I've just been spoilt, growing up with Benaut commentating leg spin. That dude could commentate spin like no-one else.

Didn’t stop him from making 27 test hundreds.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back