Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bloke Slats and Clarke interviewed on the cricket show would fair better than these clowns we have in the current batting lineup.

Need more of Doran, Lehman, Maddinson, Bancroft, Cartwright, Behrendorff etc

Gregory, Swepson, Stanlake and others to be exposed to international cricket as early as possible for mine. Use the One Day side to spring board young players into the test team. Does anyone even care about ODI's these days? I couldnt give 2 shits. 20/20 the same but it is the 'in' cricket game atm.

One thing that sticks in my mind is Muhammad Amir getting a gig in the Pakistan test side before he was banned for match fixing. Easily the best talent for a 19/20 year old i had seen, nipped it both ways, good pace, very disciplined and ultra aggressive.

Wouldnt have debuted for Australia until X age and X wickets. I can understand young players concentrating on T20 nowadays as the living they can make from it is very lucrative. Spending hours in the nets correcting technique to not get a shot in your late 20's seems like a mugs game to me. Give them a taste FFS!

I want champions mentoring our young and hope CA give Warne the green light on the 20/20 fill in job even though he hasnt the 'qualifications'

Big shake up needed imo.
See I think we need exactly the opposite. Picking on potential has given us Mitch Marsh, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, et al. Yeah, Cummins did ok in his one test but imagine if the hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on him went elsewhere. Joe Mennie had a 50 wicket season last year before getting picked - that is the sort of approach we need. Proven performance preferred to picking on potential.

6/31

What a bloody joke of a team this is!

Conditions which require the batsmen to knuckle down = Aus fall over like a house of cards.

Pathetic! :thumbsdown:

Exactly. Mate for the last 30 years reckons there is no such thing as a bad Australian team.

As soon as there is any spin, swing or seam, Australia is cactus in any country against the majority of teams.

Our players just want to hit through the line of the ball like it is that one day match years ago when both teams scored 400+.

And Warner is the worst.

Border, S Waugh, Boon, Hussey and the like valued their wicket and played to the conditions.

Kiwiroo you were saying?

Did you get our batting coach ?
Wasn't a lot of thought or plans put in action. Why didn't they bat a yard out of their crease for example ? Only facing 2 medium pacers. Plus not a lot of leaving the ball

Anyway it wasn't a 85 all out track..

big bats, hard hands, no patience is a potent mixture !

Did you get our batting coach ?
Wasn't a lot of thought or plans put in action. Why didn't they bat a yard out of their crease for example ? Only facing 2 medium pacers. Plus not a lot of leaving the ball

Anyway it wasn't a 85 all out track..

big bats, hard hands, no patience is a potent mixture !
Had this discussion with a mate who played at a decent level on Saturday. Someone piped up about Warner's dismissal saying it was there to hit, the reply was simply "nothing is there to hit in the first over."

Another clueless session by the Aussies. They simply have no answer to anyone who wants to graft out an innings as its a foreign concept to them.

Mennie isnt a test standard bowler imo. Does not hit the pitch hard enough and would be taken to the cleaners on a flat deck. We need Patto back fit and firing.

Punched his ticket now surely

There is enough time for one over before it rains. And Burns gets out. Unlucky bastard, super fine edge, but still, openers have to know how to last out there.
Stiff I suppose but a totally avoidable shot in the circumstances. Played at a wide ball going down leg side - dumb cricket, super dumb cricket by a bloke playing for his test life. Doesn't deserve another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith must of been distracted by what shit he's gonna have to make up to the media of why we cant bat, cant bowl and cant field.

Rabada hit Smith on the fingers 2 balls earlier, surely not that mentally fragile?

Its like the SA are bowling grenades wrapped in spitting cobras and we are bowling hot pies... and Philander hasnt even got a wicket lol

OUT: Burns, Voges, Mennie, Lyon
IN: S Marsh (If fit), Klinger, O'Keefe , Bird

Never liked Warner. Never liked the basis for why he got into the national team, and the basis for why he stays there (T20 for #1, butt buddies as a NSW player for #2).

Warner needs to be on notice IMO. To play the way he does in Perth, dry conditions is ok but not be willing or able to adjust to different conditions is frankly not test standard.

Further outs:

Sutherland, Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back