Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No daylight savings ?

You'd think they'd use common sense and begin play an hour earlier each day, knowing it will likely be too dark to complete play at the currently scheduled finish time, but common sense and cricket organising have traditionally been far from in sync.

Will Pucovski hit by Sean Abbott here at the Junction Oval.
Very eerie feeling but Will is being helped off the ground.

Yikes. Abbott will be bowling yorkers for the rest of his career.

28 run 1st innings lead for the Vics, but it looks like that NSW will have a chaseable target and I doubt that this match goes into a 4th day.

It's very tricky to tell from the camera angle being behind the wicket on cricket.com.au, but Maxwell looked a little stiff to be given out LBW. Could have missed down leg or on height.

Last edited:

Yikes. Abbott will be bowling yorkers for the rest of his career.

28 run 1st innings lead for the Vics, but it looks like that NSW will have a chaseable target and I doubt that this match goes into a 4th day.

It's very tricky to tell from the camera angle being behind the wicket on cricket.com.au, but Maxwell looked a little stiff to be given out LBW. Could have missed down leg or on height.
The Maxy decision looked wrong.

As for Sean, he's bowled a few overs since but it's obviously rocked him and others.

I feel for Abbott. Never the same bowler after ‘that’ day and stuff like this is enough to further erode his confidence.
Was emotional on the news.

Hope Markham goes next cause it will bring kock to the wicket and he can team up with Brayn pronounced Brain. Yes admit my chocolate Lab left the room shaking his head when I mentioned that, although could be a middle ear infection. Fingers crossed .

Squeaky bum time approaching. SAF now 5/269 with under 150 runs required for them to win. It's all coming down to the second new ball as they're smashing the old one to all parts.

A tad more relaxed now. SAF now 9/290 and the second new ball's due. Mitch Starc destroying the tail, and on a hattrick. Home and hosed but a great fightback by South Africa, proving they're far from the house of cards the Poms were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tad more relaxed now. SAF now 9/290 and the second new ball's due. Mitch Starc destroying the tail, and on a hattrick. Home and hosed but a great fightback by South Africa, proving they're far from the house of cards the Poms were.

Even the Poms found a session to get on top. Attack would always be hard to keep out for 417. Kawhaga lucky to see 2nd test. Chance will be given though.

Mitch Starc gets more tail than Hugh Hefner ever did.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mitch Starc gets more tail than Hugh Hefner ever did.

Indeed. Starc's nicknamed "The Mop" by his teammates apparently, due to his penchant for summarily and swiftly cleaning up opposition tail ends.

Indeed. Starc's nicknamed "The Mop" by his teammates apparently, due to his penchant for summarily and swiftly cleaning up opposition tail ends.

Nic Maddinson was nicknamed "The Mop" by his NSW teammates too.

It wasn't really a euphemism as such, he just earnt his spot in the side by cleaning the clubrooms each week.

"REPORTS have emerged that David Warner’s already infamous run-in with Quinton de Kock was sparked by disparaging remarks about his wife Candice."

De Kock is the deadshit. You don't go after family, not on. Deserves to be chinned.

Port Adelaide FC don't like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back