Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the dismissals, I didn't watch any of the CA XI game, but heard that Pucovski batted really well in both innings, but obviously got out hooking in teh first dig. I think it will be Renshaw that misses out against Sri Lanka, and Pucovski will play. Agree too that after his efforts in that game, Patterson should be a late call up.

I know she's a jet, but I thought Alyssa Healy was just as good too?

Honestly, this post made me think though, women's sport in Australia is going ******* gangbusters atm. You could argue that pound for pound a majority of our top 10 athletes are women.
It’s because of all that placating political subsidization.

Happened to be watching that - unbelievable finish, renegades went from snatching the win to being sent to a play-off super over because of one outstanding piece of fielding on the boundary and a perfect reaction and throw from the keeper. Can’t help think their disappointment carried through to the extra over.

Did they send in the right batswomen for that over though ?

Did they send in the right batswomen for that over though ?
I dont follow BBL or WBBL enough to talk the tactics - as a novice viewer I was surprised Molyneaux wasn’t batting as she was in such great touch up to the last ball of the regular 20 overs.

Harris
Kahwaja
Labuschange
Patterson
Head
Pucovski
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Lyon

...how Labuschagne gets a gig ahead of Maxwell is beyond me

Harris
Kahwaja
Labuschange
Patterson
Head
Pucovski
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Siddle
Lyon

...how Labuschagne gets a gig ahead of Maxwell is beyond me

Forget Maxwell, they've wiped him.The team is already named the team. It is

Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Head
Patterson
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon.

That batting lineup is heinous.

Yep, at the moment it is shocking.

I'd substitute Pucowski for Labuschagne, which doesn't change much but at least it has the building blocks of a good line up.

I think Harris, Patterson, Pucovski and Head have geniune potential as Test batsmen. It's going to take time though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swear to ******* christ if they go down against the lankans at the Gabba... Just want to see some decent batting, a good two to three session go at it. Test batting. Give the bowlers something to work with without getting them to make half the damn runs.

Surprised King Corey hasn't chimed in yet.

jpQLXnQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back