Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooted! Cummins on fire. This is why I stay up to watch this crap no matter the lack of sleep which follows.
I feel I should change my routine, go to bed early and wake up to watch the more interesting last session - except tomorrow fingers crossed it won’t last that long!

Rooted! Cummins on fire. This is why I stay up to watch this crap no matter the lack of sleep which follows.
Spewing I missed the action after having an uncharacteristic early night. That'll learn me.

That ball to Root was one out of the box though, eh. He reminded me of the way Gatting looked after Warne's ball of the century; NFI.

Also had a lol at Punters comment on Warner when I heard about it.

Gun commentator.

Spewing I missed the action after having an uncharacteristic early night. That'll learn me.

That ball to Root was one out of the box though, eh. He reminded me of the way Gatting looked after Warne's ball of the century; NFI.

Also had a lol at Punters comment on Warner when I heard about it.

Gun commentator.
What did he say? Have really enjoyed his stints in the commentary box too.

What a wonderful test match, yeah Warner failed again, not fussed tbh. Sheesh that's a tough track to bat on and you need to be fluid like a Smith to have any chance of survival. Feel a bit for our top order, the conditions are completely foreign, at home we have true bounce with a touch of pace and absolutely no chance of the ball doing much in the air. makes it difficult for a Warner type who play through the line with hard hands.

And you're always going to develop a technique that suits your home turf. Onto Smith, the blokes a freak and has thrown the text book out the window.

When we retain the Ashes , it will be our bowlers and Smith who did the heavy lifting.

Guardian has had some excellent coverage. Today Vic Marks said Smith’s batting compared to the rest of the team reminded him of Graham Gooch’s description of playing NZ with Hadlee bowling - like playing the World XI at one end and Ilford second XI at the other.

Also read today that this was Smith’s lowest score of the series and only three players have higher top scores. He is a freak, has only been dismissed taking selfless chances for the team, and so good on his own that the team couldn’t be beaten with him in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win, no. Draw, yes. My theory.

Look on Root's face when he got bowled last night Gatting like. Just looked at the pitch and little tear welled up.
Preservation for them tonight. Never augers well.

A couple of early ones and let Gaz do his thing, though apart from the 1st Test they have played him pretty well. There's plenty of footmarks for him to work with and the Poms got the ball reversing, so that will be great for Starc.

A couple of early ones and let Gaz do his thing, though apart from the 1st Test they have played him pretty well. There's plenty of footmarks for him to work with and the Poms got the ball reversing, so that will be great for Starc.

Hopefully they s**t the bed and crumble. Always thought our bowlers were the key whole series. Think we all knew our batting would struggle.

Bright sunny skies in Manchester tonight, warm beer, some tiddly-oggies and job done.

Win, no. Draw, yes. My theory.

Look on Root's face when he got bowled last night Gatting like. Just looked at the pitch and little tear welled up.
Preservation for them tonight. Never augers well.
I'm thinking if we win, it'll mean changes. If we lose he's a 50/50 chance of being ousted. Having said that, there isn't much to bring in.

As for the bowlers, no change unless they're physically unable to get through the entire next test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back