Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, he’s on fire! Bowling close to 90mph and swinging it more than we’ve seen from any of our bowlers this series. This is great viewing (apart from the fact I have a 7.30am meeting in the city FFS).
you did well. I had a 6.00am start and fell a sleep just after Stokes got out.

Well Mitch Marsh proved me wrong . 😄

End of day 1. A lot better than I expected when I headed to bed after that debacle of a first session. Perhaps not as good as it could have been given the uncharacteristic fielding bloopers, but who knows - 8 down on that track, at a ground where I gather first innings are generally around 350, is a good place to be and on paper at least justifies the call at the toss.

I love the rhythm of test cricket so much, the pauses after sessions and after long days to reflect and anticipate what could happen next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a lovely little interview from the evening media conference. He laughs and says he loves wearing the baggy green, knows he hasn't nailed the opportunities he's been given yet, and hopes people respect that he never gives up or stops trying. Very likeable, and yesterday very valuable. If he could turn the occasional great sessions and days into regular occurrences, that would be something.

On a knife edge.

If they make more than 320, they're in front.

Between 300-320, level.

Under 300, we lead.
Can't really tell until both sides have batted, as the old players always say. They still need to get Australia all out twice, either way.

you did well. I had a 6.00am start and fell a sleep just after Stokes got out.

Showing up to said meeting is one thing and participating constructively is another. I did the former but may as well have been Bernie in “Weekend at Bernie’s”, having survived the cricket viewing till stumps. #permanentlycockeyed

I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of Mitch. Just hoping he grabs the opportunity.

Happy enough with the changes. Head is in it for the long-term but I don't have a problem with dropping him in his current form. Warner lucky on the same basis, but it wasn't too long ago that he was absolutely dominant, so he deserves the show of faith.

Anyone knocking Paine is clueless. He's had one bad session as captain this series.

I understand the knocks on Mitch, but he's always shown he could do what he did yesterday, which is why I was happy to see him given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back