Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame Amir retired from Tests so early for the Pakis.

They could do with his quality bowling asap

declaring 589/3 warner 335 not out wade 38 not out. not happy let the guy get 400 or even the 350. the score isnt even 600

Nah, the forecast suggests that they'll be lucky to get any play in tomorrow, while Monday is also forecast for showers. They need to have them at least 4 - preferably 6 - out by stumps tonight to win the match.

Gee the Pakis are undisciplined.

Good bowling, but still.

On LG-H930 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Indeed.

But it is good to see Starc finally figuring out how to bowl consistently. It's the only thing stopping him from becoming the best fast bowler in the game.

Nah, the forecast suggests that they'll be lucky to get any play in tomorrow, while Monday is also forecast for showers. They need to have them at least 4 - preferably 6 - out by stumps tonight to win the match.

6 down at stumps and most of those were terrible, loose flashes at balls that could be left alone.

I called bookmaker shenanigans yesterday with their fielding, I'm calling it again today with their batting.

Yes and it's only because they play Sri Lanka and Pakistan as much as we play India per year!
well you're not wrong and its one of my great frustrations. We'd love to play Australia more often because it would improve our cricket and I think you could create a really meaningful rivalry similar to rugby,league,netball etc

Good call on that.

Good call on that.

I got the wickets right for yesterday, but not the weather for today (so far). Then again, we're struggling to take a wicket, so may as well be "same same" when all is said & done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starc is bowling as per usual.

He is just bowling against far inferior batsmen on our wickets.

Warner is another perfect example. Barely can make a run if conditions and quality of opposition don't suit him.

Starc is bowling as per usual.

He is just bowling against far inferior batsmen on our wickets.

Warner is another perfect example. Barely can make a run if conditions and quality of opposition don't suit him.

A popular opinion, but an absolute rubbish one. It's so easy to call players flat track bullies if they are more successful in their own environments, but these two are absolute top performers at the highest level. When they retire, their records will show that they have been in the top 5% of their craft in the history of the game.

Warner just made the second top score ever - do you think it's because he's one of two players who had an easy innings in the last century or so? Starc just removed the opposition's best batsman, an absolute gun who was fully set.

If Warner had made a handful of flashy tons - in Australia against weak opposition - I might (just) be willing to buy this flat track bullies crap. Ditto Starc and a few 5-fors. But the facts show something different. Every great of the game has had a poor series or two.

Yeah Warner has gone from hack to better than Bradman near overnight.

Yeah Starc was not best 11 but better than Lillee near overnight.

Nothing to do with the shocking quality of opposition and very favorable conditions whatsoever.

I think they have been fantastic. Confidence up. Good on them.

However I certainly do not rate that highly in the greater scheme of "Test" cricket.

Last edited:
Warne and Vaughn still put Hayden and Slater above Warner as a batsman when interviewed after first day.

But hey, what would they know i guess.

Exactly.

Yet both thought better than Warner as a batsman (as do I).

Sure only opinion but i don't think Warner is as special as others (i might be wrong, he still has time to prove he is)

He's a quality player, no doubt. You have to be to score the amount of centuries he has.

He's a back foot slapper that thrives on width, whose technique is suspect when there's a bit in the track and bowlers can put it consistently in the right areas.

He's a quality player, no doubt. You have to be to score the amount of centuries he has.

He's a back foot slapper that thrives on width, whose technique is suspect when there's a bit in the track and bowlers can put it consistently in the right areas.

He is an absolute gun when conditions suit......no argument from me at all.

Highly talented batsman no doubt and his record speals for itself.

That same record also says a bit too much though. I hope he can improve the gap between best and worst as it is far too high.

Yeah, he’s a batsman that struggles when there’s a bit in the track and bowlers can put it consistently in the right areas.

What a ******* useless git he is.

Yeah, he’s a batsman that struggles when there’s a bit in the track and bowlers can put it consistently in the right areas.

What a ******* useless git he is.

You've changed your tune.

I remember the Ashes when you were bagging him out big time, calling him useless and calling for his head. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back