Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another awful, awful batsman friendly ODI that has no significant on field meaning at all. 50-over cricket is stuffed outside of the World Cup.

But to see an sporting event between two high-profile sport teams with a substantial crowd in attendance? Priceless.
It's technically a World Cup qualifier, so there is some meaning to it.

But in true ICC style, the rules pretty much guarantee the big countries qualify, thereby making the whole thing a waste of time.

Not sure why but I really dislike Steve Smith.

Absolute gun but he's not likable at all imo.

No wonder Paine in charge.

Great innings today. But the constant movement and especially the gesturing every time he missed a shot or picked out a fielder was really annoying.

I strongly suggest reading "Steve Smith's Men" by Geoff Lemon. It paints a picture of Smith as a bloke so obsessed with cricket that his life experience outside of it is virtually nil.

Great innings today. But the constant movement and especially the gesturing every time he missed a shot or picked out a fielder was really annoying.

I strongly suggest reading "Steve Smith's Men" by Geoff Lemon. It paints a picture of Smith as a bloke so obsessed with cricket that his life experience outside of it is virtually nil.

I reckon he's on the spectrum.

That's probably why he's the most gifted Australian batsman since Don Bradman.

Absolutely. And like Bradman, who was also suspected of being 'on the spectrum', not someone people who know him seem to warm to.
Interesting discussion. I suspect sandpaper gate is feeding into these views of Smith imo. I reckon he's been devalued more than Warner because people naturally expect no more from a personality like Warner but hold the cleanerskins to a much higher standard. Smith deserved his whack but I have no doubt that if Warner wasn't in that changeroom, there would have been no ball tampering. Lucky boy our Davey - but I digress.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back