Not open for further replies.

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
Geez the Poms are crap at the long form. Ellen is the only one who can bat. The rest of em are very poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rooboy_07

King In The North
Nov 7, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Trailblazers, SJSharks
you'd think so
Mind you Aussies have been struggling a lot in the short game

But if you get enough runs out of Labuschange and Smith you should roll them. But not a lot of depth in the Aussie batting after that
Aussies will win 4 or 5 0 I reckon.

Haydos on the sporting capital:

MATTHEW HAYDEN on state of Australian cricket: "It reeks of the lyric, 'sixth months in a leaky boat'. So many holes are now coming out."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "A wise man said to me a couple of days ago, which is relevant to this discussion on Justin Langer, 'culture eats strategy for breakfast'. Going back to 1989, the culture of Aus cricket was 'work hard, play hard' and you play for team exclusively - that is it."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "If you (breached rules in the past) and you got caught the next day, you would arrive at training and your name would be called out and be in for hell for the better part of four hours."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "I beg the same question to our current CEO who is now from the ivory tower making claims about how the IPL is going to be fantastic preparation for the T20 World Cup. He has to be accountable to where he needs to be and where his players need to be."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "When they choose the World Cup squad and seven of those players aren't on the current tour, and we're judging Justin Langer on the performance of the team ... but if you haven't got seven assets to your team, any organisation crumbles."

MATT HAYDEN: "One of the guys in particular that I'm very disappointed with is (cricket writer) Malcolm Conn. From the inner sanctum, he shot holes in Langer's character in his article two days ago and that was when he was employed by CA. This is a bloke that sang the team song."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "A lot of the content coming out about this is downright disrespectful to a bloke that's played over 100 Test matches."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "CEO of Cricket Australia carefully listen to the fact that (Langer) has got character personified. And he is a man that has to leave his wife and four beautiful kids and listen to some of the rubbish that's getting spoken."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "What about meeting about the fact you're No.3 in Test cricket and No.3 in ODI rankings, and No.6 in T20 rankings. Waste more energy and time thinking about that than discussing a bloke who's a legend of the game and so passionate about Aus cricket and culture."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "Our break in the cycle was when our national team was caught and shamed ... and in came Langer who now, with a very long memory to that occasion, has turned that culture around."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "The game's come a long way since Langer took over because he has reinvigorated that sense of playing for the baggy green."

MATTHEW HAYDEN on state of Australian cricket: "It reeks of the lyric, 'sixth months in a leaky boat'. So many holes are now coming out."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "A wise man said to me a couple of days ago, which is relevant to this discussion on Justin Langer, 'culture eats strategy for breakfast'. Going back to 1989, the culture of Aus cricket was 'work hard, play hard' and you play for team exclusively - that is it."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "If you (breached rules in the past) and you got caught the next day, you would arrive at training and your name would be called out and be in for hell for the better part of four hours."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "I beg the same question to our current CEO who is now from the ivory tower making claims about how the IPL is going to be fantastic preparation for the T20 World Cup. He has to be accountable to where he needs to be and where his players need to be."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "When they choose the World Cup squad and seven of those players aren't on the current tour, and we're judging Justin Langer on the performance of the team ... but if you haven't got seven assets to your team, any organisation crumbles."

MATT HAYDEN: "One of the guys in particular that I'm very disappointed with is (cricket writer) Malcolm Conn. From the inner sanctum, he shot holes in Langer's character in his article two days ago and that was when he was employed by CA. This is a bloke that sang the team song."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "A lot of the content coming out about this is downright disrespectful to a bloke that's played over 100 Test matches."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "CEO of Cricket Australia carefully listen to the fact that (Langer) has got character personified. And he is a man that has to leave his wife and four beautiful kids and listen to some of the rubbish that's getting spoken."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "What about meeting about the fact you're No.3 in Test cricket and No.3 in ODI rankings, and No.6 in T20 rankings. Waste more energy and time thinking about that than discussing a bloke who's a legend of the game and so passionate about Aus cricket and culture."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "Our break in the cycle was when our national team was caught and shamed ... and in came Langer who now, with a very long memory to that occasion, has turned that culture around."

MATTHEW HAYDEN: "The game's come a long way since Langer took over because he has reinvigorated that sense of playing for the baggy green."

Love to have Haydos in my corner. He is a mate for life

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You know Langer is in deep trouble when he's had his mates Heydos and Gilly come and defend him in the media in the last few days.

It's obvious the culture of the Aussie cricket team is toxic. Leaks from player group threaten to derail the Ashes. You can write off the T20 World Cup.

Is it Langer the problem or are the players prima donnas?

You know Langer is in deep trouble when he's had his mates Heydos and Gilly come and defend him in the media in the last few days.

It's obvious the culture of the Aussie cricket team is toxic. Leaks from player group threaten to derail the Ashes. You can write off the T20 World Cup.

Is it Langer the problem or are the players prima donnas?

I liked Langer the cricketer, don't have much time for Langer the coach. My interpretation is that Haydos and Gilly are defending their mate Langer the cricketer and ignoring his negative impact on the current playing group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back