Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

6/31

What a bloody joke of a team this is!

Conditions which require the batsmen to knuckle down = Aus fall over like a house of cards.

Pathetic! :thumbsdown:

Need a shake up of selectors, leaders and players.

Been soft for too long now, started with Clarke and it seemingly is getting worse.

It will be funny if SA come out and are 2/300.

Will get mouths flapping one would think, but it is Australia so they will meander on for another 6 months before something proactive is done. We have a history of backing in old farts, out of form batsmen and shitty all rounders...

Starc looks about as interested as a 5 year old boy at his sisters ballet concert when at the crease. For a decent bat he offers far to little, far to often with the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke Slats and Clarke interviewed on the cricket show would fair better than these clowns we have in the current batting lineup.

Need more of Doran, Lehman, Maddinson, Bancroft, Cartwright, Behrendorff etc

Gregory, Swepson, Stanlake and others to be exposed to international cricket as early as possible for mine. Use the One Day side to spring board young players into the test team. Does anyone even care about ODI's these days? I couldnt give 2 shits. 20/20 the same but it is the 'in' cricket game atm.

One thing that sticks in my mind is Muhammad Amir getting a gig in the Pakistan test side before he was banned for match fixing. Easily the best talent for a 19/20 year old i had seen, nipped it both ways, good pace, very disciplined and ultra aggressive.

Wouldnt have debuted for Australia until X age and X wickets. I can understand young players concentrating on T20 nowadays as the living they can make from it is very lucrative. Spending hours in the nets correcting technique to not get a shot in your late 20's seems like a mugs game to me. Give them a taste FFS!

I want champions mentoring our young and hope CA give Warne the green light on the 20/20 fill in job even though he hasnt the 'qualifications'

Big shake up needed imo.

The bloke Slats and Clarke interviewed on the cricket show would fair better than these clowns we have in the current batting lineup.

Need more of Doran, Lehman, Maddinson, Bancroft, Cartwright, Behrendorff etc

Gregory, Swepson, Stanlake and others to be exposed to international cricket as early as possible for mine. Use the One Day side to spring board young players into the test team. Does anyone even care about ODI's these days? I couldnt give 2 shits. 20/20 the same but it is the 'in' cricket game atm.

One thing that sticks in my mind is Muhammad Amir getting a gig in the Pakistan test side before he was banned for match fixing. Easily the best talent for a 19/20 year old i had seen, nipped it both ways, good pace, very disciplined and ultra aggressive.

Wouldnt have debuted for Australia until X age and X wickets. I can understand young players concentrating on T20 nowadays as the living they can make from it is very lucrative. Spending hours in the nets correcting technique to not get a shot in your late 20's seems like a mugs game to me. Give them a taste FFS!

I want champions mentoring our young and hope CA give Warne the green light on the 20/20 fill in job even though he hasnt the 'qualifications'

Big shake up needed imo.

Sack Lehmans.

Lol, you cricket folk need a trade thread.

Trade everyone and our first for Bangladesh's 12th man and their 4th rounder.

I'm so glad that after our 2nd half of the season I didn't have to turn to this.

I can recommend a seriously good rasp grater if you want to run your privates over it for added fun?

Lol, you cricket folk need a trade thread.

Trade everyone and our first for Bangladesh's 12th man and their 4th rounder.

I'm so glad that after our 2nd half of the season I didn't have to turn to this.

I can recommend a seriously good rasp grater if you want to run your privates over it for added fun?

Trouble with the cricket is after our inglorious 2nd half of the football season l thought the summer would entertain me. :(

Trouble with the cricket is after our inglorious 2nd half of the football season l thought the summer would entertain me. :(

At least entering preseason you will jumping for joy at the merest hint of a player hitting a target at training!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back