Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Joe Burns, come on down.

A few years ago I thought you were a T20 grade player getting to come in and have a free hit after better credentialed players set you up.

You're now the closest thing we have to Bradman.
What odds Joe Burns getting our first test hundred in the 6th test at the beginning of the season?

Maybe not as rough as Richmond winning the '17 flag 6 months out, but in the ballpark.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

What odds Joe Burns getting our first test hundred in the 6th test at the beginning of the season?

Maybe not as rough as Richmond winning the '17 flag 6 months out, but in the ballpark.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
And head about to join him.

*smacks hand repeatedly onto wooden objects*

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting times leading up to the Ashes. Going to be very interested to see who heads over there. Few questions yet to be answered.

Does Warner come straight back into the side?

Do they continue to play Khawaja despite s**t form?

Did Burns secure his spot with his 170 against Sri Lanka?

Does Richardson replace Hazlewood or Starc?

Can Stoinis, S.Marsh, M.Marsh or Handscomb get back into the starting side? Can Pucovski force his way in?

I think the ashes side will be:

Starting 11:

Harris
Burns/Warner
Burns/Warner
Smith
Patterson
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Reserve 11:
Pucovski
Khawaja
S.Marsh
Labuschagne
Handscomb
Stoinis
Carey/Doran
Hazlewood
Tremain
Siddle
Holland

Others:
Renshaw, Finch, Maxwell, Wade, M.Marsh, Bancroft, Stanlake, Bird

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting times leading up to the Ashes. Going to be very interested to see who heads over there. Few questions yet to be answered.

Can Stoinis, S.Marsh, M.Marsh or Handscomb get back into the starting side? Can Pucovski force his way in?

Starting 11:

Harris
Burns/Warner
Burns/Warner
Smith
Patterson
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Reserve 11:
Pucovski
Khawaja
S.Marsh
Labuschagne
Handscomb
Stoinis
Carey/Doran
Hazlewood
Tremain
Siddle
Holland

Others:
Hazelwood > Starc in England. Also, Matt Wade should get a gig in the squad as a batsman/ backup keeper.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Starting 11:

Harris
Burns/Warner
Burns/Warner
Smith
Patterson
Head
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Reserve 11:
Pucovski
Khawaja
S.Marsh
Labuschagne
Handscomb
Stoinis
Carey/Doran
Hazlewood
Tremain
Siddle
Holland

Others:

Depending on fitness, I think they'll stick with Starc, Hazelwood and Cummins to start with, then rotate Richardson through the series.

Not often that a player returning from being retired hurt replaces another player that is retiring hurt.

I think most of the Sri Lankans are struggling against the short ball... And the poor buggers head to South Africa after this... Good luck with that!!!

EDIT: Just as I type that, Starc hits another (this time in the shoulder)... It's Bodyline out there!

Let's hope.

I didn't mean "huge" in terms of runs... I meant that if he failed, I'm not 100% sure he goes to the Ashes.

Harris should be kicking himself but I take no notice of anything our batsmen do in this match. Worst international attack I've ever seen.

Agreed. If he had put in as much effort this series as he did against India, the runs would have flown.

Harris should be kicking himself but I take no notice of anything our batsmen do in this match. Worst international attack I've ever seen.
I do. Labuschugne can’t even score runs against these guys. I’ll ask again, how the * is he in this team, let alone batting at 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back