Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool had just won 4-2 so found myself watching this game at the 33rd over as it’s a long weekend and was up and about with the whole Birmingham derby and Arsenal-United fixture later this morning.
Maxwell has been dismissed and Australia were paying $9 for the win needing 140 off last 15 overs.
In comes Ashton Turner with in my opinion one of the best closing innings performances I have seen.
Amazing!

It was great viewing and Turner was Sir Viv like. So glad to also see Handscomb and Khawaja lay the foundation with a super impressive partnership. Loved it! Carey was an excellent partner for Turner as well. Warming up nicely for the WC we are.

There's going to be some tough decisions to be made about our team for the WC. Uzzie , Handscomb and Turner have put their hands up. How do they all fit with Smith and Warner back? I have a feeling Marsh is more of a chance than Handscomb in English conditions. The elephant in the room is Finch.

There's going to be some tough decisions to be made about our team for the WC. Uzzie , Handscomb and Turner have put their hands up. How do they all fit with Smith and Warner back? I have a feeling Marsh is more of a chance than Handscomb in English conditions. The elephant in the room is Finch.
I prefer Darcy Short to Finch as an opener, but is he a chance of replacing the Captain with Langer as coach ? probably not.

Incredible performance.

1 for 170 odd to all out for 270.

Went to bed with India at 1 for 40 thinking we were pushing s**t up hill.

Knew I should have stayed up......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia's Ashes squad: Tim Paine (c), Cameron Bancroft, Pat Cummins, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner.

interesting series for a neutral !
the sides are hard to separate on paper

Aussie has it over England in the top order batting, Better spinner and perhaps a better new ball attack
England has a better all rounder and their middle to lower order batting looks stronger. Plus if the ball swings they will be hard to keep out

so if the tracks are flat then Aussie will do well..but as we know, the tracks last time made Kermit the frog look pale

Reckon Bancroft batted himself into the 1st test. He and Labuschagne have been making County runs whist the World Cup was on. This is my team.

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade/Labuschagne
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Bancroft was playing 2nd div county cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back