Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Go Marsh and Sids. North boys bring this home.

I really hope Warner gets past Broad to contribute.

I understand resting Pattinson or Hazlewood but it’s a shame this test is so close. They both deserved the chance to round out this series in the record books.

Smith to get the record he’s a chance at would be a fitting conclusion, but I kind of hope the other players make it unnecessary.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Talk about flogging a dead horse. I’d rather Head’s offspinners compared to Mitch Marsh’s medium pies.

In saying that this test has all the hallmarks of a Marsh decent game. Test serious won, nothing on the line, no pressure, exhausted opposition...What’s the odds he scores a hundred and takes a few average tailender wickets and secures his spot in the team for the next 12 months.

The marsh CAN NOT handle pressure and they have proven it time and time again.

Dropped. Paine wanted more 'bowling options'.
I've just read through the articles on cricket.com.au that quote Paine as saying, "we need more bowling options, especially after a long series".

Well, there's Siddle, Pattinson and Neser on the sidelines if bowlers are sore and tired.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've just read through the articles on cricket.com.au that quote Paine as saying, "we need more bowling options, especially after a long series".

Well, there's Siddle, Pattinson and Neser on the sidelines if bowlers are sore and tired.
Maybe the ol' man threatened to bring out the photos of Langer again????

Joking.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Talk about flogging a dead horse. I’d rather Head’s offspinners compared to Mitch Marsh’s medium pies.

In saying that this test has all the hallmarks of a Marsh decent game. Test serious won, nothing on the line, no pressure, exhausted opposition...What’s the odds he scores a hundred and takes a few average tailender wickets and secures his spot in the team for the next 12 months.

The marsh CAN NOT handle pressure and they have proven it time and time again.
Series hasn't been won - they can still draw it 2-2.

I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of Mitch. Just hoping he grabs the opportunity.

Happy enough with the changes. Head is in it for the long-term but I don't have a problem with dropping him in his current form. Warner lucky on the same basis, but it wasn't too long ago that he was absolutely dominant, so he deserves the show of faith.

Anyone knocking Paine is clueless. He's had one bad session as captain this series.

A drawn series is a drawn series, full stop. Yes, it’s great that we’ve retained the Ashes but Australia haven’t won a series in England since 2001. There’s a lot at stake here for both sides - let’s not kid ourselves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A drawn series is a drawn series, full stop. Yes, it’s great that we’ve retained the Ashes but Australia haven’t won a series in England since 2001. There’s a lot at stake here for both sides - let’s not kid ourselves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If you want to know what the players think is important then look at how they celebrated after they won the Ashes. Doesn't matter the result of the series if you take home the urn.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you want to know what the players think is important then look at how they celebrated after they won the Ashes. Doesn't matter the result of the series if you take home the urn.

Every Test win is vital now that we have the new Test championship. Points are allocated for every win over a 4 year period.

The players will absolutely want to win.

We've retained the Ashes. Its been won.
But there is a difference about holding the Ashes by drawing the series to being a team that wins an Ashes series in the UK. Come on boys - am worried they partied too much. No Marsh ever is my rule. WTF.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we wanted to win this next test we wouldn’t have picked Marsh.

Given that both Head and Wade have averaged 25 this series and Marsh's career average is 25, I'm tipping we not going to be losing much with the bat by bringing him in. We didn't want to rest Cummins, so he'll help out with the bowling.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Given that both Head and Wade have averaged 25 this series and Marsh's career average is 25, I'm tipping we not going to be losing much with the bat by bringing him in. We didn't want to rest Cummins, so he'll help out with the bowling.
You could think that Marsh playing increases the odds of not losing this test - extra insurance on batting and bowling sides - and that would be a series win. Australia only needs to draw to win, and even a win is no use to England now.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every Test win is vital now that we have the new Test championship. Points are allocated for every win over a 4 year period.

The players will absolutely want to win.
Didn't know that. Looked like they were going pretty hard after the fourth match. Not sure they'll get up for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back