Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We utterly pantsed ‘em. Bowled them out for 255 and made the runs without losing a wicket of our own. Finch and Warner were in control throughout.
Hmmmm

I'm in a conference call with a crew from India and strangely, nobody is interested in talking cricket. On other occasions they will be desperate to talk about anything remotely related such as which brand of helmet player X prefers. Today, nothing. Not a word.

It was like watching an American sitcom without the laugh track - you couldn't tell if we had a wicket in some cases, because of zero crowd noise. Initially, I didn't realise the Smith run out was out as there was so little reaction. Same with a couple of the catches.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It seems Warner's awesome ODI world cup form has been lost in the memory hole.

It hasn't. I was referring to exactly what they've done - they've roared out threatening to take out an entire team's total before but can't recall them doing it until now?

In one way it's amazing they've achieved it but in another it's amazing it hadn't happened before.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Hmmmm

I'm in a conference call with a crew from India and strangely, nobody is interested in talking cricket. On other occasions they will be desperate to talk about anything remotely related such as which brand of helmet player X prefers. Today, nothing. Not a word.

Am hearing similar sentiment.

Starting to question whether the Republic of India are even involved in cricket?

Right now crickets are all that's coming out of them (pun int).

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It was like watching an American sitcom without the laugh track - you couldn't tell if we had a wicket in some cases, because of zero crowd noise. Initially, I didn't realise the Smith run out was out as there was so little reaction. Same with a couple of the catches.

Gotta get me some replay action.

Yet when they were batting they cheer every single like they had just won the World Cup. Makes it’s annoying while you’re trying to watch while doing the dishes.

Credit where credits due that is an absolute shellacking
Doesn't seem to have received the media it deserved. To thrash the Indians the way they did on their home turf - sensational win. Broke a few records along the way too. Media reporting somewhat underplayed I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back