Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I much prefer your pitches too, I’m not being serious mate, relax.
He’s an absolute gun in all forms and I genuinely look forward to playing you in Test Cricket on those pitches (they do tend to turn pretty white when we arrive historically though). Just find it a tad bizarre he’s ranked 1 given he averages 8 less than Smith.

Better one day record obviously and your second greatest cricketer ever.

the obvious ones?

Warner (psychopath, bully, sociopath)
Smith (spectrum)
Labuschagne (spectrum)
Pukovski (admitted depression, didn’t he?)
Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist? Aren’t they the ones who think everyone has a mental illness? The first 3 are the 3 best batsmen in the country and to succeed at international level I’m sure you have to be a very focused person but to label them as mentally ill is just garbage.

Williamson is my favourite batsman going around at the moment but I think Smith proved his mettle on ordinary decks when he plundered the Ashes in England against Anderson, Broad and Archer.

hes a freak. when i say he may struggle on pitches that do something I meant he might only average 50 rather than 70 !

hes a freak. when i say he may struggle on pitches that do something I meant he might only average 50 rather than 70 !

Williamson is crap.

*jokes* Gun and top fella

Last edited:

He's a very good batsman. Probably more consistent than the big 3 but fails to cash in on a 50 as often. Seems he may have shed that flaw this tour.

He is very consistent but both Smith and Williamson are better than him on that measure.

Smith has passed 50 in 43% of his test innings, Williamson 39%, and Root 38%. Kohli is at 34% on that stat but is the best of the modern-day leading batsmen at converting 50s into 100s. 54% of the time he has passed 50 he has gone on to score 100. Smith is second on that measure at 48%. Root has the 2nd worse conversion rate of the top ten run-scorers of the past ten years at 28%. Only Angelo Mathews is lower at 24%.

Game on in the Sri Lanka v England test. Sri Lankans currently 8 for 122 with all 8 wickets falling to the spinners. That is a lead of 160 odd. Reports are the batting has not been particularly good but that could be a very interesting run chase.

Game on in the Sri Lanka v England test. Sri Lankans currently 8 for 122 with all 8 wickets falling to the spinners. That is a lead of 160 odd. Reports are the batting has not been particularly good but that could be a very interesting run chase.

Interesting match. England need 164 to win. The first 10 wickets in the match fell to seamers, but none since. (with one run out). Even Root got 2/0.

Australia may want to think about what the team looks like for his sort of match, who is bowling with Lyon, and was Labuschagne's bowling means to the team.

Interesting match. England need 164 to win. The first 10 wickets in the match fell to seamers, but none since. (with one run out). Even Root got 2/0.

Australia may want to think about what the team looks like for his sort of match, who is bowling with Lyon, and was Labuschagne's bowling means to the team.

1 for 17.

Swepson definitely the number 2 spinner in the country now for test cricket.

The Aussie selectors appear to have called time on Matthew Wade's test career. I would expect to see him in NZ opening the batting with Finch and keeping in the T20 team.

Steketee a bolter in the bowling side of things. I would have rolled the dice on Jhye Richardson. He is a much better long term prospect.

The Aussie selectors appear to have called time on Matthew Wade's test career. I would expect to see him in NZ opening the batting with Finch and keeping in the T20 team.

Steketee a bolter in the bowling side of things. I would have rolled the dice on Jhye Richardson. He is a much better long term prospect.

I'd rather have Richardson in NZ actually playing games instead of running out water in South Africa for a few weeks. If for no other reason than we have a T20 World Cup later this year, and he will be an integral member of that squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, they had to run the broom through the side.

Starc should thank the gods, and I assume they have kept on Langer. Both should have been canned.

Good, they had to run the broom through the side.

Starc should thank the gods, and I assume they have kept on Langer. Both should have been canned.

Where would they get all their cliches and meaningless platitudes from if they get rid of Langer?

Starc would need to get his action back together to play I would have thought. Bring in Pattinson.

Australia in an international T20 series in New Zealand - how will we be able to tell the teams apart? :eek: Unless Australia agrees to play in a clash strip that is actually green and gold.

Where would they get all their cliches and meaningless platitudes from if they get rid of Langer?

Starc would need to get his action back together to play I would have thought. Bring in Pattinson.

agree that he may struggle to play first test, but it was the right decision to put him in the squad.
He still has runs on the board in my opinion. You don't throwaway a test quick with 255 wickets at 27 too easily.

He took 3/14 on Tuesday against Camberwell, so seems to be building nicely again.

Patto is an absolute gun. He was well ahead of Starc and Hazlewood when they were all 22 to 23. That bad back of his has robbed us of a guy who could have had 300 wickets on the board by now if he had the durability of the other guys.

Patto is an absolute gun. He was well ahead of Starc and Hazlewood when they were all 22 to 23. That bad back of his has robbed us of a guy who could have had 300 wickets on the board by now if he had the durability of the other guys.

All the quicks seems to go through that bad back stage. Cummins was out for years with his. He is a talented bowler though but just wondering why he cant get a gig with a big bash side or not selected on this Tour ? has he had recent injury worries ?

Im hoping Adam Milne is finally over his back too. Hes very talented

All the quicks seems to go through that bad back stage. Cummins was out for years with his. He is a talented bowler though but just wondering why he cant get a gig with a big bash side or not selected on this Tour ? has he had recent injury worries ?

He would have been playing BBL but hasn't been available. He had been in Dubai for the IPL and played pretty well and then played the Austral A game against the Indians before joining the test squad.

The big thing with Pattinson's back is that he had 3 or 4 stress fractures in the same vertebrae which is unusual and much harder to rectify. Normally the stress fracture leads to the vertebrae becoming stronger after it has healed and bowlers that experience multiple fractures will get them in different vertebrae. The treatment that Pattinson had in NZ (the same as Shane Bond) was pretty much the last roll of the dice for him. Fortunately, he seems to be coming good and might get another 4 to 5 years of top-level cricket.

Milne has played a full season of BBL with the Thunder. Not setting the world on fire. 11 matches, 5 wickets, avg 59.2, and economy of 7.4.

He would have been playing BBL but hasn't been available. He had been in Dubai for the IPL and played pretty well and then played the Austral A game against the Indians before joining the test squad.

The big thing with Pattinson's back is that he had 3 or 4 stress fractures in the same vertebrae which is unusual and much harder to rectify. Normally the stress fracture leads to the vertebrae becoming stronger after it has healed and bowlers that experience multiple fractures will get them in different vertebrae. The treatment that Pattinson had in NZ (the same as Shane Bond) was pretty much the last roll of the dice for him. Fortunately, he seems to be coming good and might get another 4 to 5 years of top-level cricket.

Milne has played a full season of BBL with the Thunder. Not setting the world on fire. 11 matches, 5 wickets, avg 59.2, and economy of 7.4.

I've watched every game of Milne's this BBL season - he's the second best bowler in it for mine. His BBL10 stats don't really reflect how well he has bowled.

It shocked me with how old Cummins was, I had forgotten he was out for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back