Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Healy was brilliant, though that was some innings from Sciver in reply... thought the England bowlers bowled too short with the exception of Shrubsole, but still a great win by the Aussies, they were the best side all tournament. Meg Lanning for Swans #1 ticket holder?

Healy was brilliant, though that was some innings from Sciver in reply... thought the England bowlers bowled too short with the exception of Shrubsole, but still a great win by the Aussies, they were the best side all tournament. Meg Lanning for Swans #1 ticket holder?
Aye to Meg Lanning.

She is a terrific skipper always prepared to sacrifice for the team. Would make a great No.1.

Watched most of it. Healy was wonderful and received great support. Young King is just a joy to watch. Such a comprehensive and deserved win. Kudos to Sciver who made a game of it with a great knock.

Yeah what a joke. Because of my love of sport I'd be lost without Foxtel. I forget not everyone goes down the path of pay tv / streaming.
Such a great series.
Kudos for Healy when it was originally scheduled to be only on Foxtel and Kayo (paid) she offered 20 kayo gift cards.
Kayo then made it available on Kayo Freebies for all the matches.

No surprise really.
Andrew McDonald has been announced as the new head coach of the Australian men's cricket team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey-South Melbourne Premier Cricket team had a great season, finishing runner-up in the Grand Final. Our old cricket club has a grand history producing 6 (?) Test Captains and many great players.
A great trivia question with a twist.
Casey South Melbourne has produced 9? test captains - more than any other club.
Australia - Warrick Armstrong, Harry Trott, Lindsay Hassett, Bill Woodfull, Ian Johnson, Ian Redpath, Graham Yallop,
West Indies - Clive Lloyd

Who have I missed??

A great trivia question with a twist.
Casey South Melbourne has produced 9? test captains - more than any other club.
Australia - Warrick Armstrong, Harry Trott, Lindsay Hassett, Bill Woodfull, Ian Johnson, Ian Redpath, Graham Yallop,

Who have I missed??

lol... I think it could Garfield Sobers or another international who played for the Bloods... bedford probably knows.

lol... I think it could Garfield Sobers or another international who played for the Bloods... bedford probably knows.
Thanks google
England captain (once!) Mark Butcher - played South Melbourne 1993-1994 Our History - Kia Oval

England - Mark Butcher

nine Test captains played for South (including West Indian Clive Lloyd and England's Mark Butcher), 20 Test cricketers in all, and 47 first class players. What he does like hearing is this: after 20 years of grim struggle, Casey-South Melbourne is back playing Premier Cricket finals.

Keen to make their own history

By Peter Hanlon

March 12, 2010

Thanks google
England captain (once!) Mark Butcher - played South Melbourne 1993-1994 Our History - Kia Oval

England - Mark Butcher

Keen to make their own history

By Peter Hanlon

March 12, 2010
You beat me lol, well done .

:(
Andrew Symonds, aged 46, passed away in a car accident on Saturday night outside Townsville.
Very sad . Never liked the bloke after a Xmas morning at the MCG nets where i took my son every year . It was an informal session and my son had the same bat , so i asked the security guard if he could ask him to sign the bat , he was 5metres away and refused . The only people there were 2 cameramen and us , so it wasn't like he was going to sign 100's . My son said don't worry dad , but it pissed me off . Too many gone this year.

I'm a fan of another TMac
Her T20I career to date:
42* (33) v India - POTM
44* (31) v India - POTM
91* (49) v England - POTM
70 (45) v Ireland - POTM
That's an average of 247, a strike rate of 156 and a 100% Player of the Match record!

I thought Friday was good - Australian women played India in first T20 game of the Commonwealth Games.
India had Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Meg Lanning and Tahlia McGrath out in the first 4 overs! [chasing India’s 154]
Ash Gardner 52 off 35 balls, Grace Harris 37 off 20, Alana King 18 runs off 16 balls to hit the winning runs.
Australia won with an over to spare and 3 wickets!!

Imo think this is the beginning of the end for international fixtures dominating the cricketing calendar. We'll see t20 domestic competitions become the dominant fixture on the cricket calendar with the IPL having a standalone window. It'll fall in line with most other sports in the world where club dominates fixturing. Cricket was always an anomaly in that sense.

I think Aus has missed the boat with privatisation of the BBL. Money in the UAE and South African T20 leagues who are backed by IPL owners will be too large to turn down for the top level cricketers. I also suspect BCCI would be more willing to let Indian players play in those leagues & those guys have massive following.

When the women IPL kicks off, it'll be one of the greatest things to happen to cricket. They women's game will get the money & investment it deserves, I can't wait to see it happen.

Interesting times ahead for the game...

Gideon Haigh one of the best cricket writers - pity it is for a Murdoch publication :(
cricket a not-for-profit becoming a profit sport (IPL)

Gideon Haigh one of the best cricket writers - pity it is for a Murdoch publication :(
cricket a not-for-profit becoming a profit sport (IPL)

Great man Gid , have had a fair bit to do with him , even get mentioned in one of his books , all complementary lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back