Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s been almost an hour, still no story on Foxsports about it?? Vicco bias? Don’t want to acknowledge defeat? The only story they’ve written about the whole match, was about how Boland got some wickets and kept them in the game from a few days ago :rolleyes:

Whiteman would've been just as stiff

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep

Was tight but Whiteman under a lot more pressure opening.
Hardie was terrific, but his last 70 odd runs weren't under a lot of pressure when the game was really gone.

Hardie also took 3 of the top 4 wickets as well though.

I'm still giving it to Whiteman.

I haven't heard him say anything but you'd think Smarsh calls time on his state career after this. Hell of a way to go out and he can still tour the T20 leagues if he wants cash.

💛🖤
277981800_10158536605953457_2483835879237183778_n.jpg

I haven't heard him say anything but you'd think Smarsh calls time on his state career after this. Hell of a way to go out and he can still tour the T20 leagues if he wants cash.

Marsh is apparently contracted with the WACA for another season and has two more seasons with the Renegades, you would think he will keep playing in order to keep his touch for the T20 stuff at a minimum as it is very hard to play elite domestic T20 cricket while not playing any other forms of domestic cricket.

That being said, if he decided to call it a day then I'm sure people would be understanding of why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh, I hope the team they "build around him as captain" includes allowing for him either getting out early or chewing up balls at the start of the innings.

Quite funny how a bloke who only started properly keeping recently gets the keepers tagger over the Australian national keeper

55 (45) for Finch. The last two years suggest this will be followed by about 6 poor innings but we'll see.

Nice cameos from Inglis and Stoinis. Wonder what the thinking was on McDermott so far down the order.

Jhye missed out on a CA contract. Injuries haven't helped him. And stiff competition.

Good to see Inglis upgraded at least.
First class bowling average of 21. He's really a victim of not being able to stay healthy and also being stuck behind three world-class quicks who are in their prime.

That being said, Travis Head lost his CA contract last year and was Player of the Series in the Ashes, and Khawaja also seems to be a fixture on the test team now, so it's easy to get back onto a contract. Head was always going to get a chance; Jhye needs to stay healthy and probably also needs some injury issues from the big 3 quicks and/or Boland.

Do we usually retain 3 spinners in the 20? Seems like overs. 5 quicks I think I counted, including Green.
I don't think Swepson deserved a central contract. Was okay in spells in the Tests, but largely disappointing.

I don't think Swepson deserved a central contract. Was okay in spells in the Tests, but largely disappointing.

Swepson got a contract on the back of being the second best first-class spinner in the country and the fact that Australia plays two tests against Sri Lanka in June/July and four tests against India in November. Hopefully he'll have a better showing in those games on tracks that will likely be more bowler friendly and take more turn than what we saw in Pakistan.

Every team winning the coin toss in the IPL has elected to field, and 13 of 18 times that team has won. Seems a bit problematic when the biggest predictor of who will win a sporting match is whoever wins a game of chance before the match even starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back