Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting because the BBL season was highlighted by teams blowing medium sized chases all over the shop.

Indian dew conditions obviously a factor, but I'm unsure what the solution is.

I do think however that in World Cups the higher ranked team from group stage play should "win" the toss for the semi finals. England and Pakistan got shafted for that in the last T20 WC

And the antivaxxer types are already out in full force.

Imagine blaming the vaccine for taking Warney out and not the copious amounts of booze, ciggys and junk food?

It'll be the same trolls who have a sook about an apparent lack of healthy eating campaigns too.

Always fun to turn it on them when asked why the proud Anti-Vaxxer Avi Yemini had a heart attack at 34.

They just operate in a bubble and blame everything on the vaxx now.

Not sure about this, his body is held together with sticky tape and hope as it is.

Marsh is contracted for another season and has two more seasons at the Renegades in the BBL. Given he still has two years of T20 domestic cricket on his current contract with the Renegades, he was always going to go around again as he needs to maintain his skillset for the T20 stuff. It appears likely he'll play mostly first class cricket with maybe a few List A (50 over domestic) matches.

Marsh averaged a touch under 35 this season in the Sheffield Shield which is okay for the level but has been the side's best batter for at least the last four or five seasons. There is also the fact that Mitch Marsh is the current captain of WA but will be unavailable for significant periods in 2022/23 plus the next group coming through are not quite ready to play regular Shield games. Given his contribution to the state and his form in recent seasons, the choice was going to be his as to whether he played on or not and he certainly deserves another season.

Marsh is contracted for another season and has two more seasons at the Renegades in the BBL. Given he still has two years of T20 domestic cricket on his current contract with the Renegades, he was always going to go around again as he needs to maintain his skillset for the T20 stuff. It appears likely he'll play mostly first class cricket with maybe a few List A (50 over domestic) matches.

Marsh averaged a touch under 35 this season in the Sheffield Shield which is okay for the level but has been the side's best batter for at least the last four or five seasons. There is also the fact that Mitch Marsh is the current captain of WA but will be unavailable for significant periods in 2022/23 plus the next group coming through are not quite ready to play regular Shield games. Given his contribution to the state and his form in recent seasons, the choice was going to be his as to whether he played on or not and he certainly deserves another season.

I know it's his call and he's playing well, I just think the guy should give his body a break for once and retire on top. It's not the Renegade or WA who feel it every time that hamstring goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear, dear, dear it's been a s**t year, with cricketers passing.

Three of my all time favourite players / entertainers .

🏏 Rod Marsh
🏏 Shane Warne
🏏 Andrew Symonds

The memories of all three:

Bacchus and the broken bat.

hqdefault.jpg

The King with The Ball of the Century.

images-6.jpg

Roy putting the streaker on their arse.

download-2.jpg

But to name a few memories, etched in my mind and memory bank.

Crickets first and foremost and entertainers too.

Its with a very heavy heart that I type this post. 💔

Another very sad day for Australian Cricket.

Last edited:
Be lying of I said I saw Hazlewood becoming a superstar of T20. He's quite possibly the best T20 bowler in the world on current form.

What a star.

Meanwhile Finch has probably guaranteed himself a spot for 4 years with that knock, while David can't even make the squad.
David would be replacing Smith, most likely. But McDermott and Inglis would be wondering when their next chance is coming...

David would be replacing Smith, most likely. But McDermott and Inglis would be wondering when their next chance is coming...
Probably, but you could easily move Wade or Stoinis up to open and create a spot in the middle/lower order that way too if you wanted Inglis and David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back