Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optus stadium strikes again . Cummins with a quad injury !

Has to be the worst stadium surface ever for injuries

In more interesting news, WA definitely shouldn’t lose their Shield match and are maybe a sneaky chance to win if QLD collapse tomorrow. WA are 2-199 and trail by 96 runs. Seems a pretty good batting surface but hopefully they can pile on 400 or a bit more by lunch tomorrow and then send the Bulls back in. Draw is easily the most likely result though.

Barring a miracle (they need almost 300 runs with only 4 wickets left) Tassie will lose to South Australia, which is good news for WA getting a home final.

In more interesting news, WA definitely shouldn’t lose their Shield match and are maybe a sneaky chance to win if QLD collapse tomorrow. WA are 2-199 and trail by 96 runs. Seems a pretty good batting surface but hopefully they can pile on 400 or a bit more by lunch tomorrow and then send the Bulls back in. Draw is easily the most likely result though.

Barring a miracle (they need almost 300 runs with only 4 wickets left) Tassie will lose to South Australia, which is good news for WA getting a home final.
Bangers another ton...putting his name back in front of the selectors

Bangers another ton...putting his name back in front of the selectors
332 balls faced. I do wonder if he scores too slowly given that there's more enthusiasm in the modern era for batsmen who can put more pressure back on the bowlers.

Anyway, WA trail by 26 at stumps. Nothing to lose at this point, plan should be to come out swinging away in the first session (especially with Inglis and Agar in next) and try to go at around a run a ball in the first session, then declare at lunch and try to bowl Qld out in the afternoon sessions.

332 balls faced. I do wonder if he scores too slowly given that there's more enthusiasm in the modern era for batsmen who can put more pressure back on the bowlers.

Anyway, WA trail by 26 at stumps. Nothing to lose at this point, plan should be to come out swinging away in the first session (especially with Inglis and Agar in next) and try to go at around a run a ball in the first session, then declare at lunch and try to bowl Qld out in the afternoon sessions.
If they weren't our main rival, an overnight declaration could've been an option. Let them set a target

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's Bazball, and then there's Bangers-ball..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA giving the shield game a real shake.

QLD 6-34 still trailing by 98. In with a chance?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

In with a very good chance, they’re playing extra cricket because the first day was washed out so I think there’s 30-odd overs left to play.

That seems a fairly generous declaration from England given what's been scored so far, unless the wicket is finally misbehaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back