Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winning in India and England are as massive as each other for me.

In a way it's a shame that we have B2B series in those two countries, as it'll be 4 years before I look forward to a tour as much.

On the other hand, if we jag wins on both tours, it'd be epic to have bragging rights over the Poms and Indians for a few years.

I'm not inferring there's no talk between our curators and the ACB, but I can only imagine if the ACB sent a rep to a ground to oversee the pitch prep, he'd get told pretty quickly by the head curator to F right off!
Or am I off the mark?

I'm not inferring there's no talk between our curators and the ACB, but I can only imagine if the ACB sent a rep to a ground to oversee the pitch prep, he'd get told pretty quickly by the head curator to F right off!
Or am I off the mark?
I think that’s also a cultural thing too.
In india if one of them said no let alone * off, they’d be without a job and living inbtbe streets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to the test championship it is. Apart from the Ashes and the championship, the rest are glorified friendlies imo.

Beating India in India is the biggest challenge for Australian cricket. Even when we had arguably the best ever test team (maybe 2nd behind the Windies of the 80’s) we could only do it once

We couldn’t beat them at home last time so to do it away would be phenomenal

Compared to the test championship it is. Apart from the Ashes and the championship, the rest are glorified friendlies imo.
Ngl - if you offered me a Test series win in India and the Test Championship on the same plate, I’d choose the former every day of the week.

Ngl - if you offered me a Test series win in India and the Test Championship on the same plate, I’d choose the former every day of the week.

The test championship is inherently flawed

Naitanui a late out, wasn't at the airport
That's why Nelson's still hanging around!
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

Interested to see what our bowling attack is with no Starc, Hazlewood or Green.

Cummins
Lyon
Boland
Murphy

Agar or Morris? Think I'd prefer Morris if we go the extra bowler. Agars batting hasn't been good enough to consider him an allrounder lately.

Predicted 11 - Even though I'd like to see Morris bowl I think we go the extra batter as the tail looks pretty fragile with Carey at 6. Handscomb over Renshaw to add another right hander.
Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Head
Handscomb
Carey
Cummins
Lyon
Boland
Murphy

Status