Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siddle, the first #9 to score 50 in both innings of a test and also the first #9 to top score in both innings.

Gun.

North supporting gun.
Amazing stat. Love Siddle coz heza Victorian. Wade is too but.........

Siddle has been unbelievably good with the bat. Maybe he can finish them off with the ball as well.

I guess not, because this dope of a captain, despite Siddle showing all the aggression, fight, positivity and body language with the bat that is contagious, and which would likely have worried India, has not yet handed him the ball.

Oh, but they only require 47 more with nine wickets in hand so, who knows, maybe if he eventually gets to roll the arm over, Sidds can take a quick 8-for.

I can't believe Watson sent down ten overs of spin with the new ball, at nearly six an over, and then eventually throws the not-so-new cherry to... Mitchell Johnson!!

Un-effing-believable.

I guess not, because this dope of a captain, despite Siddle showing all the aggression, fight, positivity and body language with the bat that is contagious, and which would likely have worried India, has not yet handed him the ball.

Oh, but they only require 47 more with nine wickets in hand so, who knows, maybe if he eventually gets to roll the arm over, Sidds can take a quick 8-for.

I can't believe Watson sent down ten overs of spin with the new ball, at nearly six an over, and then eventually throws the not-so-new cherry to... Mitchell Johnson!!

Un-effing-believable.

Siddle must be ill/injured.

If only aggression by mouth counted. We'd be miles ahead.

Even Maxwell has disappointed. As well as being devoid of defence as a batsman, he's pretty ordinary as a bowler. And when he gets a simple caught and bowled he muffs it. He's good with the chat and the exasperated expressions though.

[quoteyou're las_johnny, post: 27504550, member: 62538"]am i the only one confused as to how the ball that got siddle wasnt wide?[/quote]

No, you're not. It was certainly a wide, not that it would make any difference to his dismissal.

Well that puts our Launceston debacle in perspective. That's Australia's worst result in India ever!! Now for those that don't know a few years back one might suggest that the Indian umpires were a little biased. As in if the ball hit your pads you were probably LBW and if it was taken by a 'bat pad' you were definately out caught, the line for LB didn't matter and an edge wasn't important for your dismisal out caught.

And unless all three stumps were lying on the ground there was a fair chance an Indian batsman wouldn't be give out.

Four *en nil! I reckon you could make a case for at least five of those players to never play for Australia again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an ordinary series but as they won in a canter and he's such a revered character. I reckon he'll go when he's ready, and I doubt anyone would have the balls to suggest he's done.
He's done.

Fixed for you.

Also, Mickey Arthur is living in la la land.

I personally would keep Warner for England TPA - just think if it clicks he could be very dangerous.

Agree about Arthurs, also think his methods may not be suited to our current "celebrity" style players.

I personally would keep Warner for England TPA - just think if it clicks he could be very dangerous.

Agree about Arthurs, also think his methods may not be suited to our current "celebrity" style players.

Warner is far too hit and miss for mine.

Suited far better to the shorter forms of the game.

Warner is far too hit and miss for mine.

Suited far better to the shorter forms of the game.

For sure, but who else? I think Warners unpredictable style goes,ok with Cowan who is steady.

If we had a decent alternative I would agree, but I dont rate Marsh that highly....

For sure, but who else? I think Warners unpredictable style goes,ok with Cowan who is steady.

If we had a decent alternative I would agree, but I dont rate Marsh that highly....

Yeah, the cupboard is pretty bare.

I am a fan of Shaun Marsh, he is certainly a lot more circumspect than Warner.

Don't think he will get back into the side anytime soon however.

Yeah, the cupboard is pretty bare.

I am a fan of Shaun Marsh, he is certainly a lot more circumspect than Warner.

Don't think he will get back into the side anytime soon however.

Marsh has the ability/style to be perfect for the role, but reckon his mental side is very (very) shaky.

He might be gone at Test level as you say, but they did recently pick Maxwell, Smith and Doherty completely out of nowhere so who knows what will happen TPA!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back