Cricket World Cup

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Had some small bets so far, but this one looks good.

1u Finch under 34.5 runs v India @ 1.83 (Ladbrokes)

Has only covered this 2/8 times in matches v India in last 6 months. Likes flat pitches... The pitches so far have had a bit of life in them and he doesn't seem to like that.

Also only 4/12 openers have covered that line at that ground in the world cup.

Sent using Tapatalk
36. Close. But all the chances I saw were for run-outs... Flat flat flat.

Sent using Tapatalk

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Is there a minimum over requirement?
Yes unfortunately (but fairly). Was still overs at the price before the rain. Overcast conditions and Bangladesh not used to heading into these big matches as favourites. Other books offering the market were $1.9 pickem prices.

I think it’s still a solid bet going forward if there’s a strongish favourite and the odds are big on the no side, especially if you can find a book not closing right as the toss happens. SL v Aus will be the next good opportunity imo. If SL bat first I don’t think anyone will score a hundred, or set a target big enough for an Aus batsmen to need to.

andwhenitcomes

Team Captain
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes unfortunately (but fairly). Was still overs at the price before the rain. Overcast conditions and Bangladesh not used to heading into these big matches as favourites. Other books offering the market were $1.9 pickem prices.

I think it’s still a solid bet going forward if there’s a strongish favourite and the odds are big on the no side, especially if you can find a book not closing right as the toss happens. SL v Aus will be the next good opportunity imo. If SL bat first I don’t think anyone will score a hundred, or set a target big enough for an Aus batsmen to need to.
Think BetEasy’s one of the most generous with the overs required (something like 50% of the match to be completed) if you want to take that bet on the rain as much as the teams.

Could be an option to take no century over the next couple of games with rain still forecast.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
On no century to be scored in the 1st innings @ 2.23 on Sportsbet for tonight's India vs NZ game.

High chance of rain all day, if it's a washout the bet gets refunded. Minimum 20 overs needed for bet to stand, fair chance we won't get that many.

Edit: looks like it will actually be void in the event of a reduction in overs under rule 66.24 :(

Last edited:

andwhenitcomes

Team Captain
May 2, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Adil Rashid player performance under 41.5 @ 1.88 (Sportsbet).

Cleared in 1 of his last 10 ODIs and even less likely to bat in this one.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
On Bangladesh at $5.50 as I think it's overs given their last game. Will look to hedge or cash mid game if the Aussies make a slow start.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
On Bangladesh at $5.50 as I think it's overs given their last game. Will look to hedge or cash mid game if the Aussies make a slow start.
Wish I was on the bangers last game... $3 at the innings break, but just didn't quite tempt me.

Hedging is an OK strategy but you would have to expect them to take a couple of early wickets or make it to 70 off 10 for the price to move enough.

If so there are probably better markets to attack?

Sent using Tapatalk

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hedging is an OK strategy but you would have to expect them to take a couple of early wickets or make it to 70 off 10 for the price to move enough.

If so there are probably better markets to attack?

If they bat first and can score 0/90 or 1/90 off their first 15 overs the Aussies would likely ease.
If they bowl first and get a cheap wicket or two inside the first 10 overs Aussies will definitely come out a bit more.

Will only be watching the first innings before bed to see how it goes, it's only a small nibble and agreed there probably is better markets to attack overall if I was taking it more seriously.

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Couple of markets I'm interested in...

If Aus bat first then Maxwell over 43.5 performance points ($2.10 lads) looks good. Probably makes it to the crease and likely to be given strike in death overs if so. Also usually takes a boundary catch. If BAN are chasing then there might be a few opportunities.

If BAN bat first then expecting a low total, in which case Carey might not get much crease time (if any) , so under 26.5 runs looks interesting (he is 50/50 on this at the WC anyway).

Not sure what happens if he doesn't bat though... Void?

Sent using Tapatalk

ricardogp

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
McLaren
Couple of markets I'm interested in...

If Aus bat first then Maxwell over 43.5 performance points ($2.10 lads) looks good. Probably makes it to the crease and likely to be given strike in death overs if so. Also usually takes a boundary catch. If BAN are chasing then there might be a few opportunities.

If BAN bat first then expecting a low total, in which case Carey might not get much crease time (if any) , so under 26.5 runs looks interesting (he is 50/50 on this at the WC anyway).

Not sure what happens if he doesn't bat though... Void?

Sent using Tapatalk
Aus batting. Gone with Maxwell. Hopefully BAN's bowlers get him to the crease.

Sent using Tapatalk

living big off my win on Australia winning the coin toss today.

giphy.gif

Back