Cricket World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

What if they play the match tomorrow night instead because its rained out tonight?
Apparently there is only one rest day (Thursday), as the final is on Saturday night, so if both matches are abandoned, Pakistan go through as they had a superior group record to India, or that's what has been reported here;

http://www.sportsencounter.com/news...-final-if-rain-ruins-mohali-battle-18249.html

Interesting read.

As far as if you placed that bet, I'd say it would pay out tonight on the match not being completed if it was "delayed" till Thursday, but it would depend on the agency I guess.

Ok, so ignore all that, this game won't even be delayed slightly I reckon;

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/india/mohali

0% chance of rain today and tonight (Indian time).

I would assume that it would carry over to the next match, depends on the wording of the bet.

No chance of rain and not much chance of Pakistan winning this one. India's batting is far too strong. Look at that top 5! :eek:

I've got $100 on India and another $100 on them multied with AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm you can basically get even money at the moment, I always like runs on the board and I have really weary of Pakistan. I am going to take the bite and get on India, even I absolutely can't stand them.

not cashing Sachin yet, but need some sleep so have had a go at Dhoni to make 50 @ 2.75

Younis Khan high bat @ 5.50

This may sound a little crazy, but i think we actually have a better chance of cashing our Sri Lanka ticket by them playing India in the final, i just fancy they match up really well with India but Pak's bowling attack has caused problems for the Sri Lankans in recent years & if you subtract what UG did--going 8 overs for 69 the rest of them did an amazing job.

I like the S/L batsmen against this Indian attack & i also think S/L is well placed to run through the Ind line up--notwithstanding the fact the Sewag & Sachin can single-handedly beat you in 30 mins.

I've covered on Ind but left most of the profit still there for S/L & if i was coming in cold i'd be taking $2.35 Sri Lanka for sure.

Take the $2.35, good value for a game that I think is about $1.95 to $2.05.

I think either team is prone to having a massive collapse, which is what makes this match so interesting. If Sehwag and Tendulkar get out cheaply then it is lights out for India, they are so better than the rest of the team it isn't funny (Yuvraj is alright but I am not too sure under pressure just yet, Raina and Dhoni are duds. Sri Lanka have it a little different with their best player coming in at 3 and the experienced Jayawardene at 4.

In the bowling I think Sri Lanka wins hands down, Murali, Mendis, Herath and Malinga are a quality bowling line up. Zaheer is the only real shining light for India's bowling with Harbajhans bowling dropping off in recent time.

I think Sri Lanka are a way better chance than the odds show.

Take the $2.35, good value for a game that I think is about $1.95 to $2.05.

I think either team is prone to having a massive collapse, which is what makes this match so interesting. If Sehwag and Tendulkar get out cheaply then it is lights out for India, they are so better than the rest of the team it isn't funny (Yuvraj is alright but I am not too sure under pressure just yet, Raina and Dhoni are duds. Sri Lanka have it a little different with their best player coming in at 3 and the experienced Jayawardene at 4.

In the bowling I think Sri Lanka wins hands down, Murali, Mendis, Herath and Malinga are a quality bowling line up. Zaheer is the only real shining light for India's bowling with Harbajhans bowling dropping off in recent time.

I think Sri Lanka are a way better chance than the odds show.

The other point on that Ind bowling line up is that Khan actually needs conditions conducive to swing bowling, otherwise he's nowhere near as effective--whereas take Malinga for example from S/L he'll bowl fast yorkers, bouncers mixed with slower balls & be dangerous regardless of conditions....S/L spinners better than Ind IMO.

I backed the Sri Lankans pre tourney to win it all for a fair bit (see the Opening post for odds), so I'm sitting quite pretty at the moment.

I will hedge a little bit, but really only enough to gain back my initial investment if Sri Lanka get beat.

I think it all comes down to how the top orders of each team perform up against 2 very good attacks.

If one of the bowling attacks can get a few early wickets, then they will probably win the game, although I have to say India's batting seems to have a little more "depth" then the Sri Lankans.

Anyway, should be a great final, and I have a "live" winners bet, so I'll sit back and cheer the Lankans on.:thumbsu:

I'm the opposite to you Matty, backed India pre tournament. Will hedge to make a small profit if Sri Lanka win, but I think that India will get there - reckon one of Tendulkar or Sehwag will fire and that will be enough for them to put up a pretty good total.

Thoughts on tonight gentlemen?

Have 10 units riding on the Lankans @ $5.25. Letting it ride.

Sanga high bat looks gone. 50 behind Sachin & Dilshan. Oh, how'd l'd love a couple of ducks. ;)

India most sixes @ $1.90 looks good too, the way the Lankans play.

Indians don't seem to get out caught any other fielder too often, looking at LBW or bowled considering Malinga's potency with the yorker at the moment.

Just want Dilshan to keep in front of Tendulkar and Zaheer not to take more than two wickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back