Sport Cricket

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently we're playing a one-day match against Zimbabwe.

Lineup:

Finch
Haddin
M.Marsh
Bailey
Maxwell
S.Smith
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Some talented but temperemental bowlers (and Kane Richardson) mixed in with probably the most hit-and-miss top 6 I've ever seen turn out for Australia.

Glad Clarke isn't playing though. Such a campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Apparently we're playing a one-day match against Zimbabwe.

Lineup:

Finch
Haddin
M.Marsh
Bailey
Maxwell
S.Smith
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Some talented but temperemental bowlers (and Kane Richardson) mixed in with probably the most hit-and-miss top 6 I've ever seen turn out for Australia.

Glad Clarke isn't playing though. Such a campaigner.
Watched some of the game

Glenn Maxwell is the next Andrew Symonds except even more damaging with bat in hand, I have never seen hitting like it
If you add Warner Watson and Clarke to that top order we could be 6-0 or 0-567 off 10 overs

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Eh, he's not a fast bowler, he probably could have played (except that he's Michael Clarke complete with dodgy back) if it wasn't Zimbabwe. They really treat those elite cricketers with kid gloves.
Glenn Maxwell batted without having to use his legs, Just stood and delivered
Clarkey tends to run a little more I guess

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ha, just got beaten by Zimbabwe. Clarke had a moan about Steven Smith not getting selected. Maybe Brad Hodge can come out of retirement again?

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Nathan Lyon took 4/44 from his 10, he's not the problem.

Why would Clarke be complaining about selection? Surely he gets a decent say in who he wants playing.

Team balance still not good.
Sorry I ment 2 decent spin bowlers
Selection had nothing to do with it, Steve smith might have made the difference, he might have been smacked around the park

Fact is when you make 200 with the bat , then have 2 basic debutant fast bowlers and an erratic quick in starc on a subcontinent track then you could be in trouble

Michael Clarkes over on 1 leg was better than anything Maxwell had dished up all day

It shows how weak the batting order will be without Michael Clarke again, the only other bloke who stands up when its going tough is Smithy and they dropped him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the Blick Kips might have enough. Would be a sad day in the history of cricket if Aaron Finch and Glen Maxwell become World Cup winners.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Because they're both disgraceful cricketers. More useless Victorians clogging spots that could be taken up by decent players. If we'd picked the NSW team we'd have won the cup at a canter.
I usually follow your sarcasm well, disappointed in myself

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Finch is overrated, Maxwell is quality though
He is an awesome ODI player
I don't think many people rate Finch, he is a terrible batsmen. Averages less than 30 in first class cricket.

Maxwell is a horrible, horrible hack. Best evidence I've seen of an actual Faustian pact as his batting is ridiculous and I've never seen a greater advocate of s**t Gets Wickets than his "off spin". Decent fielder though.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't think many people rate Finch, he is a terrible batsmen. Averages less than 30 in first class cricket.

Maxwell is a horrible, horrible hack. Best evidence I've seen of an actual Faustian pact as his batting is ridiculous and I've never seen a greater advocate of s**t Gets Wickets than his "off spin". Decent fielder though.
The selectors overrate him, and Phil Hughes should be opening the batting in different circumstances

Maxwell is quality with the bat, he can change a game in the lower order and he will keep getting better, His spin is pretty average but so is the rest of the spinners in aus, and he rarely goes for over 6 and over

Top Bottom