Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but its the best available we have, if anyones gonna score run it will be them
Starc could easily go through the tail end first thing in the morning... he needs to

Probably is best available, but its asking a lot of Rogers to come in after a long lay offand score runs, Voges is a good bat but England aren't the Windies, Watson is in poor nick, Haddin is a flake against the moving pill, I think Smith's technique will be tested, Clarke... no idea what form he is and Warner will probably doink quick runs but I wouldn't say he's in great touch either. Guess we'll see, but I don't think this is a particularly good side we've sent over, and it's probably reasonably similar to the old men pushing one bridge too far when we drubbed the Poms and about three of them retired mid series.

Probably is best available, but its asking a lot of Rogers to come in after a long lay offand score runs, Voges is a good bat but England aren't the Windies, Watson is in poor nick, Haddin is a flake against the moving pill, I think Smith's technique will be tested, Clarke... no idea what form he is and Warner will probably doink quick runs but I wouldn't say he's in great touch either. Guess we'll see, but I don't think this is a particularly good side we've sent over, and it's probably reasonably similar to the old men pushing one bridge too far when we drubbed the Poms and about three of them retired mid series.

Even that 5-0 drubbing was on the back of Johnson and Harris stopping the poms from ever scoring
Yeah Harris and Rogers are already gone, and then Johnson and Haddin are under huge pressure I though Johnson was no good in the WC and didnt do much against the windies either
In fact Clarke could well be done after this series as well as Voges if bats poorly.. This could be a disaster if the poms get their confidence up

Mitchy Johnno is having a 'mare.

Sack the 3rd ump. Not out, but how about checking if it pitched outside leg (looked like it did)...

They really need to consider bringing test matches back to 4 days, I hate these games where the pitches are lifeless and both sides make 400+

Give me a test where both sides have to fight to make 300 and centuries are rare, not every innings by anyone with some patience

5 days works, get results more often than not. Lose a day, you just cut down on the stat boosting in the 3rd or 4th dig and also kill off some great games of cricket.

We're in trouble. Still a road at the moment, but 200 odd behind with 5 wickets in hand and batting last on the deck isn't ideal. Someone needed to go on with those starts and ton up.

5 days works, get results more often than not. Lose a day, you just cut down on the stat boosting in the 3rd or 4th dig and also kill off some great games of cricket.

We're in trouble. Still a road at the moment, but 200 odd behind with 5 wickets in hand and batting last on the deck isn't ideal. Someone needed to go on with those starts and ton up.

Yep it's way too much of an occurring theme with our batting line up , everyone made runs but no one put them to the sword like root did to us , it's a shame we are relying in johnson or starc to go out and smack a 50 because I have 0 faith in watto

Chasing anything over 300 in the last and I can't see us winning.

I'm basically advocating they spice up the pitch to give the bowlers more of a fair playing field ... Hate watching every batter score 30 odd

Yeah, it's a stiff gig being a bowler at times, but they're all *******s anyway and you only get one mistake as a batsman. I like to watch good batsmen negotiate a seaming / popping deck against a decent attack - don't see that too often anymore.

I was about say I have complete faith in Shane Watson to post a massive score and put us in the driving seat, but I see you've already covered that base.

Hopefully Johnson is dirty about his last day and a half and will put his head down and put together a decent score. One saving grace is that there are no bunnies in our lineup and we should be able post 400+ as well unless something disastrous happens. The main concern is we've got a fair few guys prone to brain fades.

Yeah, it's a stiff gig being a bowler at times, but they're all *******s anyway and you only get one mistake as a batsman. I like to watch good batsmen negotiate a seaming / popping deck against a decent attack - don't see that too often anymore.

I was about say I have complete faith in Shane Watson to post a massive score and put us in the driving seat, but I see you've already covered that base.

Hopefully Johnson is dirty about his last day and a half and will put his head down and put together a decent score. One saving grace is that there are no bunnies in our lineup and we should be able post 400+ as well unless something disastrous happens. The main concern is we've got a fair few guys prone to brain fades.

Well johnson and starc are both capable of scoring runs so yeah hopefully we can atleast get on parody because lyth, cook and bell are vulnerable and root should have been out for 0 as well

Oh yeah I'm sure watto will knuckle down and score a matxh saving century then bowl us to victory nothing more certain

I agree re the pitches though, like the game in south africa last series when morkel and philander were running through Us and Clarke took a few to the body to score a great hundred , not this pitch where basically you hVe to make a mistake to get out

Watson reviewed?

Who'd have thought?

Yes, about a thousand people on Facebook rushed in to post the same thing when I was there. Within about 10 seconds I reckon 5 of us had got in.

To be fair to Watto, it was only just crashing into the stumps, so by far his best review yet.

Yes, about a thousand people on Facebook rushed in to post the same thing when I was there. Within about 10 seconds I reckon 5 of us had got in.

To be fair to Watto, it was only just crashing into the stumps, so by far his best review yet.
True.

He's is capable of reviewing even when middle stump is missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richie Benaud tribute session will be the highlight of this series, mark my words.

Jesus Watson is a boob. Looks disappointed he's given LBW and reviews every time, but he steps across his pegs and gets rapped in front... every time.

Jesus Watson is a boob. Looks disappointed he's given LBW and reviews every time, but he steps across his pegs and gets rapped in front... every time.

It would be harder to get a tree out LBW in front of the stumps
He needs to go, put Marsh in now and go with Nevill over Haddin, Nevill can atleast bat

Our bowling attack is gonna rely on Hazlewood becoming a superstar very quickly, Johnson needs to play if Starc is out and Siddle will be reliable but he wont win us a game

Adam Voges should be batting at 3 and Smith at 5

This is a miserable test series.

David Warner scoring three tons in a row... I need to find a grave to roll around in.

This is a miserable test series.

David Warner scoring three tons in a row... I need to find a grave to roll around in.
You and black cap Gawn could share one?

Test cricket is boring as ******* s**t now... Who wants to watch us hit 2-400 in a day with almost no chances ?

I reckon they need to shorten it to 4 days and spice up the wickets to stop people dropping off
People want to see Brett Lee steam in and smash the stumps, not Usman Khawaja hit back to back centuries more comfortably at test level than he does at first class level

Remove this Banner Ad

Back