Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently we're playing a one-day match against Zimbabwe.

Lineup:

Finch
Haddin
M.Marsh
Bailey
Maxwell
S.Smith
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Some talented but temperemental bowlers (and Kane Richardson) mixed in with probably the most hit-and-miss top 6 I've ever seen turn out for Australia.

Glad Clarke isn't playing though. Such a campaigner.

Apparently we're playing a one-day match against Zimbabwe.

Lineup:

Finch
Haddin
M.Marsh
Bailey
Maxwell
S.Smith
Faulkner
Johnson
Starc
Richardson
Lyon

Some talented but temperemental bowlers (and Kane Richardson) mixed in with probably the most hit-and-miss top 6 I've ever seen turn out for Australia.

Glad Clarke isn't playing though. Such a campaigner.

Watched some of the game

Glenn Maxwell is the next Andrew Symonds except even more damaging with bat in hand, I have never seen hitting like it
If you add Warner Watson and Clarke to that top order we could be 6-0 or 0-567 off 10 overs

Clarke and Watson were both named in the initial squad... I remember thinking at the time that both would probably skip this one. Watson did get injured, but Clarke is probably just resting.

Slight hammy tweak so missing the first few games

Slight hammy tweak so missing the first few games
Eh, he's not a fast bowler, he probably could have played (except that he's Michael Clarke complete with dodgy back) if it wasn't Zimbabwe. They really treat those elite cricketers with kid gloves.

Eh, he's not a fast bowler, he probably could have played (except that he's Michael Clarke complete with dodgy back) if it wasn't Zimbabwe. They really treat those elite cricketers with kid gloves.

Glenn Maxwell batted without having to use his legs, Just stood and delivered
Clarkey tends to run a little more I guess

Ha, just got beaten by Zimbabwe. Clarke had a moan about Steven Smith not getting selected. Maybe Brad Hodge can come out of retirement again?

Ha, just got beaten by Zimbabwe. Clarke had a moan about Steven Smith not getting selected. Maybe Brad Hodge can come out of retirement again?

How is it we have every taxi in every city filled with indians and not 1 decent spin bowler

How is it we have every taxi in every city filled with indians and not 1 decent spin bowler
Nathan Lyon took 4/44 from his 10, he's not the problem.

Why would Clarke be complaining about selection? Surely he gets a decent say in who he wants playing.

Team balance still not good.

Nathan Lyon took 4/44 from his 10, he's not the problem.

Why would Clarke be complaining about selection? Surely he gets a decent say in who he wants playing.

Team balance still not good.

Sorry I ment 2 decent spin bowlers
Selection had nothing to do with it, Steve smith might have made the difference, he might have been smacked around the park

Fact is when you make 200 with the bat , then have 2 basic debutant fast bowlers and an erratic quick in starc on a subcontinent track then you could be in trouble

Michael Clarkes over on 1 leg was better than anything Maxwell had dished up all day

It shows how weak the batting order will be without Michael Clarke again, the only other bloke who stands up when its going tough is Smithy and they dropped him

England out of the World Cup in the group stage. Lawl upon lawl upon lawl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Blick Kips might have enough. Would be a sad day in the history of cricket if Aaron Finch and Glen Maxwell become World Cup winners.

Why lol?
Steve Smith will make these on his own

Because they're both disgraceful cricketers. More useless Victorians clogging spots that could be taken up by decent players. If we'd picked the NSW team we'd have won the cup at a canter.

Because they're both disgraceful cricketers. More useless Victorians clogging spots that could be taken up by decent players. If we'd picked the NSW team we'd have won the cup at a canter.

I usually follow your sarcasm well, disappointed in myself

Finch is overrated, Maxwell is quality though
He is an awesome ODI player

I don't think many people rate Finch, he is a terrible batsmen. Averages less than 30 in first class cricket.

Maxwell is a horrible, horrible hack. Best evidence I've seen of an actual Faustian pact as his batting is ridiculous and I've never seen a greater advocate of s**t Gets Wickets than his "off spin". Decent fielder though.

I don't think many people rate Finch, he is a terrible batsmen. Averages less than 30 in first class cricket.

Maxwell is a horrible, horrible hack. Best evidence I've seen of an actual Faustian pact as his batting is ridiculous and I've never seen a greater advocate of s**t Gets Wickets than his "off spin". Decent fielder though.

The selectors overrate him, and Phil Hughes should be opening the batting in different circumstances

Maxwell is quality with the bat, he can change a game in the lower order and he will keep getting better, His spin is pretty average but so is the rest of the spinners in aus, and he rarely goes for over 6 and over

Quality is not the word I'd use. Thank f**k the bats are massive these days or he'd never get more than 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back