Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we should have dropped Lyon for another right arm seamer. Jackson Bird should be filthy right about now.

I feel like we should have dropped Lyon for another right arm seamer. Jackson Bird should be filthy right about now.
Don’t worry. We’re winning the contested ball and inside 50 count. Although, you can never have too many right arm seamers.

Genuine shite from Siddle. Hopefully an errant throw knocks him out. Concussion loophole.

Seems like Cummins sort of pitch. Bit of lift, comes through nicely, more suitable to the bloke who bangs them in short of a length. Hazlewood will go for a few more runs but should still pick up poles if he keeps them full. Siddle seems like a pointless selection on this pitch. Not fast enough to threaten, and we've picked Marsh as another player who can fill some overs in while the wicket-takers have a breather.

Seems like Cummins sort of pitch. Bit of lift, comes through nicely, more suitable to the bloke who bangs them in short of a length. Hazlewood will go for a few more runs but should still pick up poles if he keeps them full. Siddle seems like a pointless selection on this pitch. Not fast enough to threaten, and we've picked Marsh as another player who can fill some overs in while the wicket-takers have a breather.
Starc or Pattinson should’ve played. Even if only to bowl 3 or 4 over spells of genuine smoke.

This toss decision is looking like the Gabba 2002 meets Edgbaston 2005. 96 minutes in and rain is probably the best hope of salvaging something from the game.

I never turn off live sport but is doing it tonight due to the poor decision to bowl. About to start watching the ‘dollars’ trilogy.

I never turn off live sport but is doing it tonight due to the poor decision to bowl. About to start watching the ‘dollars’ trilogy.

I've been off and on all series. Not that compelling viewing, other than the Stokes trainwreck.

Did you see Mr Siddle shell that pea? Not having a good morning.

I've been off and on all series. Not that compelling viewing, other than the Stokes trainwreck.

Missed that. Decided to finish a rewatch of gladiator instead.

Glad I’m not alone with this.

A fist full of dollars, here I come!

The dropped catch doesn’t anger me as much as his ineptitude in not volleying it into his head so we could sub a non-village cricketer into the game.

1/340 at stumps beckons.

At least the reviews haven’t been used up yet. :rainbow:

yeah agree. why play Siddle when we could of played Starc or Pattinson. especially on this pitch. the whole point of selecting Marsh is he's supposed to do the donkey work. but for some reason we now have 2 donkeys out there instead.

As a mate of mine used to say, on this form Root would hit the pub tonight and end up pulling Jennifer Hawkins. Bit dated that one, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what the joke or Jennifer Hawkins ? Anywho they look like they continued the piss up during lunch .

Both, to be fair. Been a while since she was Miss Universe.

Well, we finally held one. Burns would be filthy we didn't do him the same courtesy as Root over and over again.

Missed a big hunk of the the middle and last sessions as a maintenance blackout meant no power . Came back on as Butler started going nuts .
I am not sure why Hazelwood insists on bowling short to the tail , sounds like M.Marsh had a good day before cramp had him off the ground for a while , and again Cummins looked stuffed after bowling heaps on day one. Siddle has been a waste of time so far ,Lyon 1 over before lunch was meh , and our catching was for the most part amateur quality . Like most i am puzzled as to why we sent them in , and can thank English middle order batting wobbles for not being batted out of this just yet . We hopefully will get a bat soon enough ,and while i am not confident we can put a big total on the board , we won't really know much till we compare the first innings of both teams . As i have said before , its obvious why neither team is ranked no 1 ATM .

Missed a big hunk of the the middle and last sessions as a maintenance blackout meant no power . Came back on as Butler started going nuts .
I am not sure why Hazelwood insists on bowling short to the tail , sounds like M.Marsh had a good day before cramp had him off the ground for a while , and again Cummins looked stuffed after bowling heaps on day one. Siddle has been a waste of time so far ,Lyon 1 over before lunch was meh , and our catching was for the most part amateur quality . Like most i am puzzled as to why we sent them in , and can thank English middle order batting wobbles for not being batted out of this just yet . We hopefully will get a bat soon enough ,and while i am not confident we can put a big total on the board , we won't really know much till we compare the first innings of both teams . As i have said before , its obvious why neither team is ranked no 1 ATM .

I went to bed with the Poms cruising. Wake up to find out they have been kippered by swing master extraordinaire Mitchell Marsh. Good on him I guess, although if he's getting good hoop I really would've liked to have seen what Starc would have done in the same conditions.

Ball is coming on to the bat more on this deck. Suits the hackers a bit more, so I think you'll find the likes of Wade, Marsh and perhaps even Warner will fare a bit better. Also means the Poms score looks a bit better than it really is... you'd surely want 400+ on that deck with first use. As you say, interesting call from Paine but the Poms have made him look prescient more than a few times this series.

8/271 at stumps is a good result after the first session. That said, any score over 250 is probably a challenge for Australia, Smith and to a lesser extent Labuschagne not withstanding.

Still think it was a poor decision to send them in. However, s**t bowling from Siddle and poor fielding didn’t help at all.

Need to bowl the Poms out early and still be batting at stumps with 5 or more wickets in hand to get a foothold in the game. England will be hoping Buttler, Leach and Broad can get the score around 350 and have Australia 7+ wickets down at stumps.

Amazing what can happen when you bowl at the stumps.

Mitch Marsh has his maiden Pfeiffer in 32 Tests. 32 Tests! I'm a little bit devo I never got a call up, now.

Another horrendous shot from Warner. Any danger of occupying the crease when you're averaging about 6 for the series? No, lets waft at another one outside off. Was smiling as he went off though - must have been chuffed to get out to Archer instead of Broad. Time for him to go.

Edit: Christ. Lisa Sthalakar... "I like the way he was trying to play his shots, trying to find some touch"... you idiot. Time in the middle!

Mitch Marsh has his maiden Pfeiffer in 32 Tests. 32 Tests! I'm a little bit devo I never got a call up, now.
I wouldn’t mind a maiden Pfeiffer.

I really hope I don’t have to explain this to Schmuttt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back